Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Pumps

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
Does anyone here use a Pain Pump? If so how well do they work. and what meds are used in them? I know that if I don't have the SCS the PM doctor is going to offer this to me as an option, however, with me not being able to tolerate Morphine or Demerol would I stll be considered a canidate for a pump?

• heres a post on meds in pump...search pain pump in the search window and you will find more statements....pete

• You can key in pain pump into amy search box amd find site after site on them.
    The pump puts the meds directly into your spine bypassing the usual route. It does not go into your tummy.
    I have an SCS that failed me and my pain Doc reccomended a pain pump. I am seriousally considering one now.
    I was doing great until a fall put me in really bad shape again pain wise.
    I am so ready for the pain pump now!! Morphine gives me problems too but other meds can be used i believe.
    best of Luck
    Sending a hug... >:D<
    Patsy W
  • hello,
    i am on my 3rd pain pump in 16 years, the Dr started me on morphine and switched after 6 months. i had taken morphine for 4 years before the pump so he put me on Dilaudid. 16 years later i'm still on Dilaudid. i still take a pain tablet every 4 hr for other pains. the pump is mostly for low back and hip pain. i had some ups and downs with the pump. but all said, it has helped me live.

if anyone has questions about the pump just post,
    thanks for listening,
    painpump, :H
This discussion has been closed.