Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Will it ever end?

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
Today I was suppose to get a injection from PM but when I got there he came into the room with the results from my MRI and canceled the procedure.MY Mri suggest bone infection along with a tumor at L-4. Annular tear at L-5. Moderate disc bulge at L4-5. His office is at the hospital so I was sent for blood work -up and biopsy. There is granulated tissue and scar surrounding thecal sac and compressing s-1 nerve root. I am at the end of my rope. I dont think I can take much more. He is going to see if my results are in by morning and will call with results but told me not to expect them until Monday morning. It is going to be a long weekend.

• so sorry of more negative news for you. all this stuff seems to just put our lives on hold...its like we are all waiting in some food line hoping for a bit of warm soup. well hang around the site and we can all try to warm each others hearts...hang in there susan >:D< >:D<
  • O:) What can I say to make it better? It's like we all stepped in a big pile of #@$#@ and can't get it off our shoes. ~X(

I will keep you in my prayers for a successful outcome to this situation. The start and stop, start and stop of jumping through the medical hoops is exhausting to say the least.

Just surround yourself with the people and things that give you comfort this weekend and all us spineys will be here for you to vent to, anytime.

Sending you a >:D< ,

Take care,

• Sorry to hear of your recent news. I had three discs with annular tears and they were very painful. I cant believe you got a biopsy so quick, or did I misread? At least you will know soon your results and are ready to deal with it. I know it seems forever, but it will be there before you know it, I have a tumor in my eye socket that they found the end of June. It iw extremely rare and they lost my file or something for 2 months. I kept calling and finally my Dr called and they found it, took it to tumor board and told me it is so rare they dont know what to tell me as far as cancer risk. I am scheduled for Oct 26. So I am glad you got yours done alot faster. I will be thinking of you and say a special prayer. I had a sacral tumor discovered with my fusion MRI and had that out last June. It is hard not knowing. Hang in there and I will be praying for positive results.. Love, Robin
  • Welcome to the waiting game. Test results, MRI results,surgery or no surgery? My only helpful thought for you here is that if it's a primary spine tumor (i.e. not metastasized from somewhere else), those are generally quite operable and the outcome is usually very good. The absolutely most important thing is to get the best surgeon you can find for spine tumors. Such cancers are rare and most surgeons aren't experienced. You may have to travel to get the best treatment. Depending on where you live, you might want to consider the UCSF Medical Center Spine Center (one of Spine-Health's partner clinics) or the Mayo Clinic. Both are at the leading edge of spinal tumor research and treatment.
    Good luck on everything. I'm confident you will be fine despite a period of uncertainty and worry.
    Best regards,
  • You are having a rough time of it. This site has been such an eye opener for me. So many people suffering so much pain, so much uncertainty.. I wish you the very best, please update how things are going when you find out the results..
This discussion has been closed.