Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SSDI and new problems any advice?

RefugeeRRefugee Posts: 100
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I have already filed for ssdi. Since then I have started taking sleeping pills the pain causes me to be up all night and probably depressed to so i get insomnia. Anyway doc gave sleeping meds also upped my pain med dose and now have tremors which i will be seeing a neuro for. My question is how do i let them know about these new things. I do have a lawyer but should I call and tell them about this i know to wait on the tremors until i see the neuro but what about the insomnia and sleeping meds and pain dosage being changed?

I just dont know what to do about this now!!

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    My SSD attny wants to know anytime I see the doc ... any change in meds ... any new diagnostic tests ...

Get ready for a long road with uncertain results with SSI SSD .... I know many people with less problems the we .... that are rcving it .... and fear that when my time in front of the judge comes .. I will be denied.

Most important thing is to get examined for the new symptoms.

Take care,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Im trying so hard to get diagnosed but it does take time to get into doctors as we all know.

I have an appt. for mri in a few days, emg again in a few weeks since he used his little hammer and caused massive tingling in both hands thumb first finger and middle finger both hands and little finger right hand ughh had blood work done medications changed and added and appt with neuro new guy the one i wanted is on maternity leave so i will settle with this one for now. I have to find out why I have tremors and insomnia and all the added pain. Im hoping my pm calls me with some information this coming week. I will get a copy of mri report and cd they are pretty quick last time i got it same day this time it is of the brain. checking for ms he said. He thinks symptoms shouldnt be this bad and all the shaking of the head is not a part of it. surprised me i had the shaking before with the first one but he says should not be happening.

The lawyer told me to keep track of all appts and tests and changes made to meds, but never told me to call. He said i would be assigned a case worker and that i would receive a call from that person and that i wasnt to talk with the ssa i was to refer them to him. I thought I was to wait until the case worker called me but now i have no idea what to do.

What is bad is most of the people denying our cases have not felt the type of pain that we go through on a daily basis. They dont know what it is like to not be able to sit in the floor and play with a grandchild or child because it would be impossible to get up or would only last a few minutes before we were laid up in a chair for the rest of the day praying that the medication will kick in and maybe get a small amount of relief. They have probably never worried about how the house will get cleaned who will cook or do the shopping cause they just cant make it up out of the chair or bed. They dont worry about waking up the next morning and fearing the pain level will be worse than the day before or taking the meds and having to lay in one spot until it actually takes affect so a person can move a little without causing extreme pain.

The bad thing is we have to fight for what was taken from our paychecks all these years. I just get very upset over this situation.

thanks for listening to me vent
  • My attorney always wants to know of any changes, new docs, meds, etc. I would tell the attorney and let them deal with SS. Good Luck