going back to my NS on the 17th after seeing 2 neurologists and having an FCE done(hubby coming). I'm really, really nervous. Both neurologists said my symptoms of back pain and leg pain are not 'neurological' and they both think it's my hardware. The first one was a jerk , didn't even examine me and told me I'll never get better. They second one did a complete exam but came to the same conclusion. Neither would order an EMG, I don't know why. The FCE was done I guess to stop my PT since I was not progressing, I'm just hoping it's not worker's comp's way of trying to say I can work because I cannot. I can't even walk for 10 minutes without my legs going numb. Not to mention PAIN. I'm just so scared that I'm going to go to the surgeon and he still isn't going to know what is wrong with me. I'm 8 months out and worse than before surgery. Shouldn't I have had some progress by now?? PT discharged me because after6 months they couldn't help me anymore. I feel so defeated. I know I'm not alone here but needed to vent. I'm feeling very nervous, sad, scared, and actually terrified that noone will be able to fix me.
Mom to Tony 13, Gavin 9, and Donovan 7
1. L3-4 decompression laminectomy and foraminotomy
2. Left complete L3-4 discectomy with decompression of L4 root.
3. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion, L3-4 with 10-mm Capstone cage and autograph.
4. Posterior spinal fusion L3-L5 with iliac bone graph and BMP
5. Legacy instrumentation, L3 to L5