Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yoga for Back Pain

gwennie17gwennie17 Posts: 3,008
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Exercise and Rehab
From time to time, this topic comes up. I ran across the following article today and thought some of you might be interested in reading about the recent study:

http://www.lifescript.com/Health/News/Reuters/2009/09/10/Yoga_may_ease_chronic_back_pain.aspx
advertisement

Comments

• thank you, :D very interesting! Jenny :)
  • I practiced Hatha Yoga for 15 years.I started in 1986 after a car wreck that resulted in a laminectomy.It was a life saver and was the start that got me back to a normal exercise level.I continued after my cervical fusion-with a little modification to avoid positions that put pressure on my neck.Tried it for the first time a month ago, 2 years post lumbar fusion and have been in pain ever since.No more yoga for me.I think all of us have different levels of fitness and conditions.Working on getting out of this pain cycle as I"awoke the sleeping lion"that resides in my lumbar spine.Hoping there is no permanent damage.My PT clearly said ANYTHING that involves twisting in contraindicated after lumbar fusion.Wish I would have called him first.Still learning the hard way.A myelogram was suggested-not ready to go there yet-praying this settles down with time.Always ask your PT or Surgeon before undertaking anything new.What is good for the goose,might not be good for the gander.