Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A great outdoor day

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Exercise and Rehab
My daughter is an avid hiker and camper. Yesterday, she made arrangements for me to join them for an Outdoor Tour looking for the Culinary delights of the woods.... The tour guide was Steve Brill (sort of light what the Crocodile)

It was a 3 hour tour through light and semi-dense and semi-hilly. It was like I felt I was Yule Gibbons.

We found and learned all sorts of things:

- Learned the difference between acorns from Red or White Oak
- How to tell the difference between good and deadly mushrooms
- What Black birch tree limbs can be used for (natural non-steroidal anti-inflammatory)
- What you can do with Jewel Weed
- How dangerous poison Hemlock is
- Finding and making sarsafris tea (root beer flavor)
- Turkey mushrooms for the immune system
and my favorite:
- Hunting, Digging and using RAMPS

After the day was over, it was back to our house for a good grilled steak, yukon gold grill potatoes and pan sauteed ramps

This is a def do over, perhaps in different seaons
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I spent Sunday morning home, resting up a bit. Then i asked my sweetie if she wanted to put on her leathers. "Yep" and so I donned my leathers and we took a couple hours riding. I have an old 750Kawa.

We drive in 20 to 40 minute spurts and then take 10 or 20 minutes to walk a bit. Then saddle up and leave for another leg of the trip.

We grabbed lunch out and spent the time chatting about last week and getting ready for this week.

Finished the evening with a good cigar.

cheers- David