Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Something to think about, from a story from down below about stolen meds

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:36 AM in Pain Medications
There was a post below regarding someone thinking someone may have stolen some medication. I wanted to share this story with everyone as something to consider. This is a story about a friend of mine, a lady I've known for the past 30 years here at work (Sandi). It is a very sad story. Her husband passed from cancer, it was long, drawn out, and heartbreaking. Shortly thereafter, her grandson, 5 years old was hit running across the street and killed. (that has nothing to do with this story, other than she is one amazing woman to have survived all this tragedy). Sandi had one son that she loved like I love my boy. He would come out to work and get her for lunch, give her a big kiss, and she was just beaming! She loved that boy so very much. He was the sweetest, most well mannered, kindest kid. After a few years, he married and he and his pregnant wife were building a new home, so they were staying at Sandi's house while it was being built. One day his wife called Sandi at work and said she had called paramedics to the house, because she woke up and he was not up for work (he did construction), then she realized he was not breathing - well long horrible story short, he was dead. Later they found in his sock drawer, tons of narcotics, many in bottles that were of family members, and friends, bottles he stole when he visited these people and then had stuffed them in his socks in the drawer. You would have never known in a million years he was this way, he was an unbelievably sweet, generous, kind young man. He and his mom and his pregnant wife were so close, they were so unbelievably shocked. They had NO idea, but that is what he died from a combination drug overdose. It just about killed Sandi, it just tore her apart. She just adored her son. So - my point is, these things happen! Lock your medication up and keep it and everyone else safe... e stealing your medication, I too have had concerns about that.
My daughter went to office max long ago and bought me a combination little box that works great! She set the com for me and she is the only person other than me that knows what it is! It works great. Put one or two pills in your purse and lock the rest up - always!
advertisement

Comments

• i agree Mouse. =D> i have had meds stolen from my bathroom and my bedroom. now i keep all my meds locked up a closet except what i will be using that day... noone even needs to know about it.. safety first! :D thank you for the story.. i am sorry for the heartbreak! :''( Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    There was one here about 9 months ago that was almost word for word like your, same co-workers name.
    Small world
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I could do better with my meds..(mouse your story hurt my heart and opened mind it to)(maybe your story saved a life)
    First thing for me is my grand-kids the oldest 6 and 5 and new baby almost 2months old.I always keep meds not in pill box for the week up high,
    (I should no better, I had been in medical field for years) having to restrain everyday people for Overdose or addictions..I worked in detox for almost 2 years)
    Back To are Meds..and temptation
    Even the sweetest person who you would never expect(specially younger,BUT not ALWAYS) can be grabbed by what I call.. the devils temptation and that's just my word. Now I don't want to upset no one. that"s just me.. Patsy..
    And temptation is running around this world 100 miles an hour..(my thinking)
    I will stop there with that...

I read your post yesterday and I just went to the next post..But this a.m. i was drawn to reading it again..
    Today I am gonna do things different.
    My med box is for the whole week.7 days across and 4 boxes down..But I just take pills 3 x a day now.And i keep
    p.m.box for some extra pills in it so i done have to get all the bottles out for the following week or if i need a extra pill. Oh my I'm not being to smart..
    I'm gonna have son pick me up the kind I seen at the pharmacy where the day poops out of the med box and keep it where I sit most the day. I keep my bottles hidden. only 1 person knows where this is @.There was a time i could not fill my own pill box. If I ever take a extra pill for break thru pain or something out of my normal schedule.I always tell someone..
    This way somebody always knows. because @ X's i will 4get..
    I'm gonna find a place safer for my meds for the day.(maybe bottom of Kleenex box by table where i always sit.)
    Okay i have gone on way to long...
    But I do wanna say thanx for sharing you story mouse..
    Patsy now with eyes opened wider.

• I never really have guest because of our location. But, I did discover about a year ago that someone had taken my bottle out of my purse at a family function. I had only disclosed to a select few what I was taking so I knew who it was. My purse now remains in my trunk and if I need meds I get them out as needed or keep a small box in my pants. I really didn't want to believe it and thought I had misplaced them until that person spent the night hugging the toliet and swearing they would never do it again. I don't care. They are well hidden now.
    Our meds are dangerous and I never thought my family would do this. We should've taken her to the ER but she refused and we watched her carefully that night.

Oh, I also had someone contact my doctors office for a refill on a script once. The person didn't realize that it was a controlled substance and required a handscript. My nurse knows my voice and called me immediately. I guess people will do anything for a fix or to make some money.
advertisement