Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

distraught with anger

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
After waiting for two and a half months to have my mri done,tonight was the night.I was supposed to get my thoracic spine mri'd to find out why i've been having so much pain in that area and my stomach and to find out if it was the mobilizations my therapist was doing there that causaed my bladder to go into spasms.I got to the hospital at 7pm for my apt. and the technician went over all the questions for the paperwork before hand and he told me that i was having my lumbar spine done i said no i'm having my thoracic done and he showed me the paperwork from my doctors office that said lumbar.I was so angry i couldn't speak.They had better find something significant when i see them next week for the report review or i'm going to freak on them.NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!

• Tammy,
    What a bumber after waiting all that time to have that done. Hopefully they can get some useful information with this test. Sometimes it will catch the lower part of the thorasic. But you know the old saying what can go wrong will go wrong. Try to remain a little optimistic, albeit hard that it has some answers for you. I had a similar situation almost but a little birdie told me the test orders may not be clear so i called ahead and confirmed them. My suspicion was correct and was able to get both MRI's but without dye as they were supposed to be done. So even though I made sure still got messed up in the translation. Keep us posted on the results.
  • Tammy - I feel your frustration and anger. Who knows maybe this is the key to it all - sometimes it is the mistakes that change the course of everything. Just trying to think positive for you.

If it makes you feel any better (and maybe make you laugh). I had a very similar situation with a doctor himself. Waited a month for the Botox injection...his feeling this was just the thing I needed. Go to the appt. - and he himself, changes the whole game plan on me with no reasonal explanation. No injection, he tells me to repeat the radiofrequency...see ya' later.

To boot, that day at the same time, my mother is having surgery, so I am worried for her, but didn't want to switch this appt date, since I had waited long enough and so on. then I walk out to my car already in tears from this whole experience and realize in the elevator, I have left my keys in my truck. Then, I realize I have locked the truck. Then as I am looking at my locked truck, wondering who's engine is running - I realize THAT I HAVE LOCKED THE KEYS IN THE TRUCK WITH IT RUNNING FOR THE 2 HOURS WAIT FOR THE APPT WITH NO BOTOX INJECTION. I was on the top floor of the parking garage - the thought of taking the leap was among the thoughts running thru my head.

it is all funny now - and I tried to look on the bright side of it. I was able to get help quickly from the hospital security. Perhaps this slowed me down so i didn't do this somewhere else where I would not be able to get help so quickly. All was well with my mom (double foot surgery).

The doctor called me after I had emailed him to ask why the sudden change. He apologized that he was so sick, he was more interested in getting me out of his office than treating me. So I did get the botox injection some 30 days later. And the damn thing didn't even work! Oh well, I hope you laughed at this long crazy story. All true, sadly.

take care and update when you get some news
  • Hi Tammy

I think we have all had similar problems. I try to make appointments during the day so whoever I am seeing can hopefully get to the other doctors.

This whole experience have made me realize how lucky I have been for 43 years. The biggest thing I have learned in the past 5 months is patience. I am lucky that getting a doctor's appointment doesnt take long where I am. What seems to take a while is the whole process.

I will admit that before this happened to me I would sometimes look at others and say "there is nothing wrong with them". Now I know that pain doesn't always show on the outside.

Maybe lumbar was correct if your stomach is involved. I know I had a cervical then a thoracic. Then I had a third because they wanted to see the discs right where they join and neither MRI showed what they wanted to see clearly enough. I'm sure the insurance company is wondering why I have had 5 MRIs in about 2 months.

Hang in there and let's hope that they can find what they need to.
  • Well this through me completely for a loop last night considering my whole conversation with my doctor the last time was about my thoracic spine and how much pain i was having in that area,front and back.I just hope that it wasn't her stupid nurse that didn't screw up again-not the first time.I'm sure that my therapist will be happy with the mistake because he wanted both areas done but knew that she would probably do the thoracic because i had more pain in that area then in my lumbar.
    Unfortunately where i live we don't get to pick our time for the mri's we get what they give us and if we have to cancel or change the date its month more of waiting.
    Oh my gosh i think if i were you in that situation i would have jumped!!! :))( I can't believe that happened to you.lol.
    My doctor retired just over a year ago and i finally found a new one. Even though my other doc. was very old and in the end very cranky he always did what he said he was going to do.I could always count on that.I finally got a new doctor,but haven't been very happy with the way they treat there patients but right now there isn't any doctors accepting patients around here so i'm just lucky that i have one.Unfortunately i'm affraid we seem to clash.