Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Girlfriend Has Scoliosis And She's Scared...Can I help?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Scoliosis
Hello. I am new to this forum and have a general question for everyone. My girlfriend of many years has scoliosis, I'm not sure the degree somewhere around 32 I think...

She's very upset about it and I want to know if anyone has had surgery at age 29, if it was successful, and how long the recovery process takes...

She's considering it, but is too scared to go to a doctor. I try to help but can only do so much. I really need some advice.

Thank you so much.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. your girlfriend is very fortunate to have you by her side. she must feel very alone at times with this and you must be a big comfort. see if you can't get her to link up with us. we would love to talk to her! anyway, i think fear is more of a problem and so you two need to get to a doctor and get your facts straight!! check out the forum videos and other info about scoliosis.. we have alot of stuff! the more information you have, the more power you have to get her on the road to recovery!! please see if she won't join you in this process! do it in love! :X good luck! Jenny :)
  • Hi and welcome to the forum.

If your girlfriend's curve is around 32, she may have trouble finding a surgeon who will operate. Most surgeons seem to consider surgery after 40 degrees but also take into consideration the amount of pain and how fast the curve is progressing or likely to progress. But pain is the main motivator.

Best of luck to you both.
This discussion has been closed.