Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Difficult Topics

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
With any online site, there are two topics that we always try to ignore:

1 - Religion
2 - Politics

No matter how innocent some of those posts can look, so many times it leads to difficult problems. As such, I have always told the Moderator and Authority teams to look over posts covering those topics and perhaps take some immediate action plans.

This is not a religious site, it is an international site for spinal problems. One person may have a view on their religion, but at the same time their comments could be 100% opposite of what another member's religion believes in.

Therefore, post like where made in 'Praying for all of you in here' will not be allowed.

There is nothing wrong with leaving posts and just saying "I will pray for you"

If you believe so strongly, then I am going to ask you to do that in messages only and not on public forums.

There are many members here who do have references to religion in their signature line. The ones that we felt did not belong here have been modified.

In the referenced post, the member indicated that no one forces a person to read a post and they can be ignored. That is totally against some of our objectives here. If someone has some very valid and important medical information for all to see, but they end their posts with religious items, then
your statement about ignoring posts is totally wrong.

Again, I will emphasis, this is a medical site to discuss medical and spinal conditions.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• have a great day!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I really don't want to add to the drama and I really don't want to know what post you're talking about. Maybe I know and have forgotten with life distracting me. I just wanted to say as a person with non-traditional, non-mainstream views, I am not offended if someone just plain says, "I will pray for you" as I interpret that as "I am thinking of you." I couldn't care less if there's a prayer circle going on in Matters of the Heart or whatever, then I know it's not medical info I am interested in because it is in Matters of the Heart. But I do want to say that even tho I am not of your faith, if you say, "I am praying you find relief" does not offend me if that is your only comment.

Just my 2 cents worth as someone who is not into the Christian faith. This is not to start a religious war, just want folks to know that I believe in the intent behind a simple statement and I agree, if there is medical info, I won't ever see if if it starts out with a religious paragraph. But I do thank those for good wishes, even if expressed by a short statement of their faith. I also appreciate the mods making sure that the intent of the site does not change and scare off or offend folks who need medical info.
  • I would never want to push my religion on anyone and i try to keep my posts limited to what is being discussed at the time. I dont think i posted anything religious but i theres always a possibility.I guess i will have to go back and check out my posts.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    there is no need to do that. My point was about the two subjects and really because I received a few messages about some posts.
    No harm done... This type of post, I have put out about twice a year now for almost 4 years. On the old side things did get very much out of hand.

But I do have a favor,
    I feel bad when I call you Refugee. I know many members here have different member names and want to keep their real names out of the picture. I totally respect that... But would it be ok, if I called you, lets say Ref or maybe Ugee ??
  • Thank You for the reminder.
  • for the reminder. Those topics, including race and sexual lifestyle, cause so much friction and can make some very uncomfortable.

Best wishes to you,

• OMG Ron, she has such a pretty profile pic, how could you even suggest that? ROFL. Refugee, sound off here, give Ron an answer on what he should call you, like goddess or queen or something!!!!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    A much prettier name to match the face should be in order....
    Ref, ahhh maybe,,,
    Ugee - too late at night making posts, sorry
  • Hey Ron,

Goddess sounds good!! No im kidding a goddess i am not but ref is fine i have a pm buddy that call me that and i think its great. I just thought the name fit my photo. Have a good night. Ill be on for a while im sure dont sleep well anymore.