Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any Idea?

txmemaw5ttxmemaw5 Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Had ACDF..C5/6....8/8/09..doing good...except does anyone else have any idea how long the soreness, discomfort, stiffness lasts? I have no pain now just all the mentioned above..I am following the drs orders to the letter so I know it isn't due to doing something I'm not supposed to be doing..hubby says to give it time..I'm not very good on patience..just wanted to hear from someone who has gone through this....take care to all...thanks for any input...
advertisement

Comments

• Wish i could help, just wanted to welcom ya to Spine-health! best of wishes to ya!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• It took me about 2 to 3 months before I felt back to normal, but I also had severe nerve pain in left shoulder to hand afterwards. Now there are times I forget I even had it done.

Best wishes to you,

Marianne
  • Thanks for the welcome..just found this site about a wk ago..wish I'd found it alot sooner..has really helped..good luck to u..take care
  • Almost 5 mos since surgery. C5-6 & C6-7 posterior approach...... most painful, I understand.
    For the stiffness & discomfort, I was able to get relief from the physical therapist & them using 10's unit & ultrasound to dissolve the muscle stiffness cause from the surgery. It was so so so so tight. Hard to explain, other than like a brick. Got relief in first visit & wished I had gone alot sooner. Maybe you should ask your doc for his recommendation to go & ins. covers it. I use my heating pad evday too, to calm the muscles. You don't want them to get hung up again - it's tightness is from your bodys natural defense mechanism, protecting itself. Like you, I asked everyday it seemed, "HOW MUCH LONGER??" & "will I EVER get better?" The burning question! Takes time - listen to hubby! Just be glad it's over, keep your chin up & try different things to bring you comfort during your recovery period.
    FYI - hey Mari, I can't hardly wait until the day I can say what you said here - "I forget I even had it done" I was told I would be saying that soon!!! Seems later than sooner. LOL Thx for saying that - forgot! :P
    Big Hug >:D<
advertisement