Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Angel and JD's weed picking business

deltaladyddeltalady Posts: 610
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Lighten and Brighten
:D My doorbell just rang and two eight years stood there with their business cards (made out of lined looseleaf paper) which said, Angel and JD's weed picking business - $4. Angel proceeded to tell me that he and JD were the best weed pickers in the neighborhood and they're trying to raise some money.

Well, having just finished mowing the yard and weed picking myself, I assured Angel that I'd knock on his door as soon as I saw the rascally weeds start to grow again. (LOL!)

And you guys thought that kids were spoiled rotten and didn't know the value of a dollar. Last week they came by selling candy out of ziploc for 50cents each.

Just had to share this with you guys -- thought it was too cute. ;)

• That is a cute story! I LOVE it when kids become entrepreneurs at such a young age. When I was a kid, we would sell lemonade. OR, we'd put on little plays. We would charge a quarter to get in. Only problem was that just about all the kids in the neighborhood were in the play, so we had very few paying customers.

Ahh. To be young again!
  • I wish Angel and JD lived by me, I'd put them to work. Just 15 minutes of weeding yesterday has killed me. I love that they are little entreprenuers.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    before sending anyone out to anyone's house, let negotiate prices.

Judy, you said that group did the weeding for $4
    But whose equipment did they use?????

I can send Paul at to your house for $2.75 plus 40 cents for gas for distances over 400 miles. Paul brings his own equipment and between him and me, we have a good refuge center where we can dump things, just about anything (for a price)

Judy, that is good to hear. Where I grew up in Long Island, NY, we would always be fight to see who was going to rake someone's leaves, shovel the snow, take on the paper route, etc

I've seen shades of that since I've moved to CT...
    But since moving to this private lake community, its non existant.

You mean you want me to send out Johnny to pick your weeds? , well he make get bitten by a tick, whats the hourly rate, will he get medical benefits and a 401K?

My wife and I just shake our heads.... Heh, we moved here for 3 basic reasons:

- Close slip for our Boat
    - Free golf year round (weather permitting)
    - As a pre-retirement house

1 - We are close to our boat, 300 yards
    2 - We can golf all we want, but my spine wont let me and Pat's hours wont let her
    3 - Pre-retirement, heck I am there now

2outof3.... Any time I hear those words, I think by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • :D

Jeaux, I remember the days of the backyard plays -- I think kids used their imaginations more when we were young because we didn't have all these electronic games to entertain us. BTW, Get your mind out of the 70's, not that kind of weed -- wish it was -- sure would help (he!)

Yes, Lisa, I'll send them over to your house. JD stopped by yesterday and rang my door bell right after he got off the school bus -- to check and see if my weeds had grown overnight (LOL!) I'm so tempted to give them some money (a little advance) but if I do all the kids in the neighborhood will be knocking on my door!

PapaRon, the only tools these kids have is their little nimble fingers and GOOD BACKS! You know being low to the ground helps a lot (LOL!)

Happy Friday!