Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My own little rant.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Depression and Coping
I don't know how I'm going to get through the next few months. I'm only braced--nothing compared to some here, but I'm going slowly crazy stuck inside this thing all day.
I need to dance and run and move desperately, but can't. I'm constantly plagued by the thought that I won't heal, or that I'll heal partially and be braced for another three months... for that reason sometimes I find myself hoping that I don't heal, because then the brace will be off and it will be over.
I'm gaining wait on top of everything... which although expected, is making me try to lose weight--eating healthy until the afternoon, then bingeing on forbidden foods.
Just my own descent into craziness.

• You have my sympathy. I wore what they called a minerva brace for 15 weeks and I agree. It is awfull!

They told my wife I could not take it off, so she would not hear of it and I did beg!

Please know the time will pass. It seems like forever, but soon it will be a then and gone!

Hang in there!
  • Although I never wore a brace, I spent 3 months in bed. After my surgery, my surgeon told me that I couldn't sit for more than 5 minutes 2 times a day because my back was too weak. As I was only 16, my mother had her eyes on me 24/7. If she wouldn't have done that, I probably would have sat for prolonged periods of time and most likely I would have been back in the Emergency shortly after. At the same time, I hated every moment of it. I hated being confined to bed. I couldn't stand it. Every minute seemed like hours. From my bed I could see kids going home from school, and every time around 3pm I would have a crying feast. But... it did eventually end.

Just hang on. Read books. Watch movies. Keep posting here. Take up photography as bubblegum has done - experiment, eventually you will find something that will stick and bring you at least some form of joy and that will make time pass by faster.