Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here... What is your take on my MRI results?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am a 40 year old woman who has been in pain since 2001. There has been no specific injury to it, it just came about over time. I have done the conservitive route and have even had spine injections - all of which don't/didn't reallyh help. I have even had a breast reduction and weight loss surgery to see if that would help with the pain.

Here is some of the results from my MRI from this past week. How serious does this sound to y'all here:

At C5/6, there is moderate disk height loss and moderate broad posterior disk bulging. Bulging disk contacts and deforms the cord. There is effacement of CSF space in the thecal sac at this level. AP diameter of the thecal sac measures about 6 to 7 mm AP. There is moderate severe right and moderate left neural forminal stenosis secondary to uncoertebral joint DJD.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Do you have an appointment with a neuro? We are not supposed to give medical advise on SH so I cant really say too much. I had the same problems as you and if you would like to discuss you can PM me
  • welcome to the site. many of us are in pain and you have joined a good group with whom you can share information and even make friends. we are very supportive. we may not be drs but we have gained a lot of knowledge by reading articles and watching videos here on spine health. take a look at FAQ above for more info.
    as susan mentioned we are not drs and therefore cant pass judgement on mris. we can however recommend what dr to see. in your case where the nerves are under pressure it would be best to see a surgeon either neuro or orthopedic who specializes on the spine. keep us informed as to his recommendation....pete
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Make an appointment with the best orthopedic surgeon (neurosurgeon 2nd choice) in your (painful) neck of the woods. Try to get a referral from someone who has actually gotten positive results from their care. Start reading up on your various "conditions" ... put the terms into google (or bing) and read till you get informed and upset ... Then contact your primary for an anti-anxiety med.

We have some experience in these matters - IM any of the mods (or me) for more chat ... or join us at night in the chat here.

My take .... sounds serious - Your pain tells you so .... you don't need my opinion.

The five most dangerous words in the english language is
    "maybe it will go away"

Hoping for relief for you and us all!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• :))( your so funny!!! you crack me up. :))(