Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my mri diagnostic..

Luis62LLuis62 Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Lower Back Pain
a straightening of the lumbar lordotic curve
consistent with muscle spasm
spondylotic osteophyte formation at multiple levels
at L5-S1 there is broaddased posterior protrusion
subilgamentous disc herniation in the central and paracentral region but more to the left measuring 2.3 mm
in ap diameter touching the thecal sac.
hypertrophic changesslight left inferior neural foraminal
stenosis.spondylosis and DDD are also noted at this level
with a small tear in the anterior annulus fibrosus.
at L4-L5 there is broadbased posterior protrusion subligamentous disc herniation in the central and
paracentral region measuring 2.3mm in ap diameter touching
the thecal sac. (this was done on 1/26/09)

now fast forward to 8/17/09 X-RAY"S show's
retrolisthesis of L4 on L5 which does move on flexion
and extension approximately 3MM he has significant disc space collapse at L5-S1.
so there it is what do yall think, i had a epidural steriod injection about 3weeks ago its seems to help some. today
after work i cut the front lawn and i feel it thight on the lower back center area. well got to go the more i sit here the more it starts to hurt.

• so do yall think i need surgery? or should i see a
    PM DR. first.
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. :)

I didn't see this topic until just now but am assuming you haven't gotten any responses because nobody here is qualified to interpret the results of your MRI. Plus, we need more information in order to offer you any of the kind of help you will find here (that is empathy and shared experiences).

Did your back just deteriorate or was there an injury? What kind of doctor ordered the MRI? Orthopod? What is HE telling you your diagnosis is? The MRI impression is factual on what they can see on the imaging but that doesn't mean you're necessarily mean everything listed is causing you problems. Is your doctor talking surgery? In other words, tell us more about yourself and then maybe somebody will be able to respond with some helpful information. :)

Oh, forgot one thing--no one but your doctor can recommend surgery--you won't find anyone here telling you that's what you need.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • well i had surgey back in 1991 on my L-4 L-5
    which went well until 2001, in 01 i had 3 ESI.injection that work for me until last year .in Jan. of this year i went and had an MRI which showed l-4 had an bulge and it has shifted back, also l-5 is gone bone to bone. i had an epi.
    injection aug. the 18th which it has help some,but now i'm starting to get some lower back pain,its not bad but i know it will get worse.i'm still working i
    lift sometimes parts that weight around 80-90 lbs.
    and like i said i'm starting to feel it.my Dr. is an orthpoedic surgeon one of the best here in houston tx. from what i've heard.dr.esses.his talking fusion on L-4 L-5s1.should i see a PM dr. next?
  • Forum rules prohibit naming doctors or institutions, so you'll soon find your post edited by a moderator or authority member. Don't be offended. :)

Thanks for the additional info on yourself. It sounds like your surgeon is recommending fusion for you?

I'm sure more spineys will respond now that they know a little bit more about you.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • I cant tell you what to do, but I do think that if you are undecided as to what to do. You should have a second opinion. It never hurts and if they say the same thing, you will know that is the thing to do. It is just something that we are not capable of telling you. You need the advice of a professional. Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.