Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WooooHoooo for once its not bad news

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
After a very long and anxious week sitting by the phone and waiting on test results I received good news. The tumor at L4 is benign and the disc infection that showed up on MRI doesnt show up with blood test. So doc says I am good to go or as good as I will ever get.LOL. As far as the tumor he will monitor it to make sure it is not growing but does not think it will give me any problems. Now if I could just get my pain under control......it has been a rough week. I dont know if it is from the weather changing or what but wow what a painful week. I keep telling myself that my surgery was only in June and I have alot healing to do but I am starting to get impatient. Patience has never been one of my strong points. I see the PM doc Monday and I think I am going to ask to have my meds re-evaluated. I know after a fusion I was told no anti-inflammatory medication but for how long? I feel like that is what I need.

• That's GREAT news. Just having that anxiety of uncertainty should make you feel better. Stress does not help with our healing.

You can take Celebrex after a fusion. I started at three weeks. When it was prescribed I questioned my surgeon -- telling him I couldn't take any NSAID, etc. He informed me that Celebrex was THE only med I could take -- he explained why that was...but I can't give you the scientific reasons.

What type of pain are you experiencing now? Is it different from before your surgery?

Consider this experience your chance to learn the skills of developing patience.

Hopefully in another month you'll turn the corner and start to feel quite a bit better.

Hang in there!
  • i am just happy to hear the good news. you deserve it
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • That's great news!! I'm happy for you, and yes, hopefully now that you're not stressing over that, you'll feel better!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Susan

What great news
    Good luck with your pain control

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • <:P Whew! Dodged a bullet! Yeah!

Hey, I'm with you on the weather -- My sciatica flared back up, my foot hurts from the biopsy the doc took on Monday, my heads foggy from the ragweed -- :''( 8} Where's fantasy island when you need it?!!

I've gone from the bed, to the sofa, to the other bed, to the bathroom, to the kitchen -- my dog is getting dizzy from following me around. When I finally get in a position that I'm comfy -- well then I have to tinkle! :D

I do hope your pain eases up -- you deserve a break!

Take care and really happy for your good news -- Woooohoooo!

• WONDERFUL news !!!!! <:P

Hopefully now that the stress of wondering/worrying is over your pain levels will come down :)

I know stress increases mine...
  • I'm very happy that everything turned out good for you! Good Luck with your appointment with the PM Dr. Hopefully, they will have the right suggestion and regimen for you to try. Have a great weekend!!!
  • I am so happy for you. I can only imagine how hard it must of been waiting for that phone call! I think that talking to your PM is a great idea. I don't think that anyone should have to suffer in severe pain as many medication options that are available. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
  • So glad for your good news, now take a deep breath...
    Hope the pm can help u now. Goodluck to you!
    This weather/season change is hard on many of us. I wish there was just a quick change instead of the slow change in weather. The flare ups are torcher on the body then the mind. Hang in there! Keep us posted on pm visit.

This discussion has been closed.