Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Cracking

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Lower Back Pain
So whenever I walk the very low points of my spine -just above my hips- cracks. It kind of feels like its rubbing.
Has anyone heard of this before?

• Amanda I had surgery 7 months ago and it happens to me. I especially noticed it during my initial aqua therapy and then sometimes during stretches. It feels good to me, like things are a little looser.
    My physical therapist did know about my cracking
    back and for me it wasn't a problem.

Of course you couldn't go by what my experience was.
    If you have a physical therapist I think they might know or you could just call the dr.'s office.

• Did you have back surgery and if so what kind and at what level?
  • I have not had any back surgery I just noticed this happening one day.
  • Yes, I've had exactly the same thing - though mine cracked, then locked. It happened to me about 4 years ago and then again last week.

If I were you, I'd ask to see someone about it asap!

• Hi, I also had, and do still have it to a small degree, but mine started after back surgery. My PT said it was nothing to worry about, and so did my Dr., but I've had MRI's etc., so if it is a concern to you, you should have it checked out by a Dr. Possibly have a MRI done to rule out any problems, as we are not Dr's. here, and don't know what could be going on with your back. I was always asked the question, "Does it hurt when it happens", which it didn't, but it was scary! So, when in doubt, get it checked out. sweetpotatoe57
  • all kinds of cracks and jolts but it doesnt seem to affect pain so i ignore them...
  • Have you had an MRI yet? I have grinding and cracking in my back from the arthritis in the facet joints. It would be good to get a check up from your Dr. if this is new for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.