Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HollieSterling38HollieSterling38 Posts: 390
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Pain Management
Think I spelled of right???
Does anyone take this? I have over a year ago, I can't remember what it is for and how it worked for me. Is it for pain or muscle spasms? I'm finally seeing new pm on Monday. I'm going in fir a consult and going to interview her. I know she doesn't do surgical proceedures and I need my scs out and another ESI in lower back for nerve pain in S/spine and hip and legs. The last one helped for a good while. But if she can't do all this, I want to know if she can send me someplace to someone who can. I want to know what she can do and if I'm not satisfied with what she can offer me then I'm gonna keep looking. I'm determined to get the help I think I need and deserve, so I'm going in to interview her for the job of taknf care of me. I'm open to try her out, but if she can't do this or can't do that, then I need to find someone who can.
Again thanks for any info on the baclofen. Just curious and looking for ideas that may give more relief than the pills I'm on that don't touch my pain.
10/500 hydracodone and 325 soma,5mg lexipro and Xanax when needed.

I've had a bad couple of weeks, but things are settling down somewhat.
I've rambled in a few threads but just didn't want to
start my own at the time.
I threw my back and neck out,just moving wrong, and it's been hellish pain.
Had some shots into my spine to relieve the pain and numb it. But that's wearing off. Just want to get to a more bearable level of pain. And find a pm that can treat me appropiately and understand what I am going through.

• Is a drug prescribed for the relief of muscle spasticity related to multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, or other neurological diseases.

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Baclofen is a muscle relaxer which my doc put me on after he took me off soma. The soma worked much better for me but my doc no longer prescribes them. Why I do not know. I am happy to hear you are so pro-active in your care. I was not until recently and it caused me much grief. I like the idea of interviewing a doc for your needs. Unfortunatly for some of us spineys finding a doctor that is a good fit has been hard. Many docs do not want to take us on. I am having a hard time finding a new primary care doc. I am not currently happy with the one I have.
    Good luck with your appt.
  • I just could not remember and I don't remember its effect on my pain.
    I just was thinking the other day how drs and such work for us, and like with any job, I want to know hat she can do for me. Like I said she doesn't do surgical proceedures,
    I want to know why not. And with what I NEED done like the scs being removed and the ESI that I need again, whats her plan fir that issue? I just am not waisting my valuable and painful time on someone that's not gonna be able to sincerely care for me and MY
    Needs and pain, and my quality of life. I'm not settling fir a dr that is going to treat me wrong in any way or fashion.

My quality of life,even though it's painful, is on the top of my priority list.!!!!
    I've been reading stories of how drs don't do this and don't do that and are uncaring, unknowledgeable, not up to date. Use druggies in the world against us in true need of relief, to function and have some sort of tolerable quality of life... To share this life we've been givin at a more tolerant level when we have to keep going and still be a parent/wife/child/friend/employee. Anyways, I'll quit now,it's just frustrating. Like with patsy. Drs,sheesh!
    Thanks for the answer about baclofen. And thanks for listening if you read this whole post!!!