Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain In the Neck

LumpyLLumpy Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello All!

I am new to the forum and I am here for the usual reasons: I am in pain and misery loves company :D :-D . AND, I need good advise/empathy. I’m mid-forties and I have plenty of wear and tear on my back but never an injury.

I hurt my neck about 3 weeks ago with what is currently being called a "sprain" by my primary. He has referred me to a Neuro and warned me that it probably isn't just a sprain. Believe me, I know! Hurts too bad for too long and in the wrong way. I had an MRI but I don’t have a neuro yet. It is a work injury so the wheels are moving very, very slowly. Meantime I am getting through the day with a little PT and endurance.

I look forward to getting involved in the forum and learning from the knowledge/experiences here!

Wayne (AKA Lumpy)

• Welcome to Spine Health. There are several folks here who are very familiar with W/C that will answer any questions that you might have dealing with W/C.

Sorry to hear that you have injured yourself. The neck is no fun and as someone said the other day, it's really hard for anyone to "see the problem" so they don't feel you are really injured. Just stick to it and make certain they get you in to see the right doc and find out exactly what damage was done and what needs to happen in order to help you.

Welcome aboard,

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

I'm sorry that you're having neck problems and I'm anxious to see what your NS says about your MRI findings. I'm a fellow neckie so I totally understand about neck pain.

What kind of pain are you having?

I'm glad you found us. You'll find a lot of knowledgable, friendly and helpful people here.

Be sure to keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by! continue forward with your diagnosis! you know how much it hurts! good luck and i hope you find relief soon. :D Jenny :)
  • Hi Guys! Thanks for the welcome. So what kind of pain :-/ ? Depends on the day and time of day. It started out with numbness and tingling down both arms. Lasted a couple of days. Now it is interemittent tingling on thumb-side of hands. Pain all along both arms. Not all at once. It moves around quite a bit (nerve pain). Pain and stiffness in the right side of my neck all the way up to the top of my head and down into my shoulder. And yesterday it felt like someone had driven a nail into my spine :''(

Today, just a baseball-sized spot in the middle of my c-spine hurts.

Worst pain is the pain of waiting for someone to get me a real doctor's appointment!

End of complaining for now.

Again, thanks for the welcome and I look forward to filling my brain with information

Wayne (AKA Lumpy)
  • welcome to spine health!!! it has been a very helpful site with plenty of "experienced" people. just be careful about some suggestions as we are not docs.just a thought,is the pt helping?? or aggravating??
    your primary doc was good to send you to a neuro guy.i hope you get to see him soon. there is a chat room that is awesome.lots of really caring ppl. you can come anytime of day or nt.pm me if you need to as well. i have experienced neck issues and had a 3 level fusion in 2007. good luck, rose