Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sudden Movement Now Pain

WandtmacWWandtmac Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
How much should I worry if I was startled by something and I jerked my head so hard my neck is now screaming? Its like that nice sharp pain you get whenever you turn you head quickly and you feel that quick pinch or sting in the neck and it normally goes away in a few minutes.
It happened yesterday morning and I am still very sore and pain meds aren't helping the issue. I really don't want to call the doctor and was thinking was waiting until Friday to see if things improved.
Oh, I just had my ACDF c5-6 on Sept 3 and no I am not required to wear a brace 24/7. Just when I am in a car or crowd.

Thanks everyone and God Bless

• I'm not sure how much you should worry, but since your pain isn't going away, I really think you should call your surgeon. It may be nothing and could get better with time, but you might feel better asking your doctor to be sure. Why wait? That's what they're there for.

Take care - I hope it's not serious.
  • You know I never know when its important and if you know me I ignor things I shouldn't. Thats how I got in this shape needing surgery. I actually ignored the pain and numbness until one night I went to the bathroom. Needing some toliet paper I reached above my head and heard a loud pop and then felt nothing in my left arm. I couldn't even move it.
    Next morning I saw my primary dr and he called my ns that did my lumbar surgery 7 years ago. I got fussed at for not 'paying attention' to my body.
    Thanks for the advice. I will give them a call and see what they say.
    I wished I had this site with my lumbar surgery. I felt so alone then but now the support and honesty here is great.
    Have a good day!
  • Awsome. I'm glad you're going to call the doc. Please be sure to let us know what they say.

I agree about this site. Sometimes when I'm having a hectic day (people over, or whatever) and things are crazy, I can't wait to get to my computer and visit my home away from home - Spine-Heath. You could say it's my comfy zone.

• I'd be thinking of a muscle spasm. I've had that sort of thing many times. Sore for a while then goes away.
    When it gets better, feel your neck muscles to see if they are tight and sore.
    That will give you a clue as to the cause.
  • That's what the dr said it was last night when I spoke to him. He calls all his patients directly and was held up late in surgery. He called about 930 yesterday evening. He said not to worry unless I started to lose more function of my arms or the pain became severe. At that point call him on the way to the ER.
    I truly love my doctor. Great bedside & knows how to respect peoples fears.