Well, went to the NS last week and he referred me for a hardware block which I am having on the 30th. I am now 8 1/2 months post-op with back pain and severe left leg pain and mild right leg pain. My NS seemed less then sympathetic about my leg pain and I'm just kinda confused because even if the nerve block is positive and the hardware is removed, won't this only solve my back problems? Then won't I still be left with severe pain, numbness, tingling and weakness in my left leg? (In the meantime I've started the teadious process off getting a second opinion). Has anyone had a hardware block with my symptoms? Have you had any relief in your leg symptoms? They say it's doubtful but I'm clinging to any hope I can find!!!
Mom to Tony 13, Gavin 9, and Donovan 7
1. L3-4 decompression laminectomy and foraminotomy
2. Left complete L3-4 discectomy with decompression of L4 root.
3. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion, L3-4 with 10-mm Capstone cage and autograph.
4. Posterior spinal fusion L3-L5 with iliac bone graph and BMP
5. Legacy instrumentation, L3 to L5