Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Meds being available issues - what do you all do?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Pain Medications
I get my meds from Walmart and have made "friends" with the Pharmacist there and never have had any issues. She bends over backwards to met my needs. I call her ahead of time when I know I will be coming in with a "heavy" script and its always there for me.

I noticed she is PG and was not around quite as much as before.

I called Monday to let "her" know that I was seeing my Dr. on Thursday and would be in for a script of 10 Fentanyl
Patches at 75 mg.
Well she was not there and the lady who was there was hesitant to talk to me about the situation.

I do want to point out that I did not tell her that the other phar helped me before as I know it was on the QT.

I explained she could look in my files and see my other scripts and explained how with this script I could not get a partial fill and that I did not want my med business to be a several different drug stores.

She said "we are low - I should be getting more on Weds, but I can't hold any back for you". Which I knew officially she can't.

Would you take this as her "helping" me without getting herself in trouble?

Now I am really worried that Thursday I will be playing the find that drug game. I see my Dr at 4:10 PM and am due a patch change at 5:30 PM. I will NEVER schedule a appt that close to a due patch change again :SS

I made 1 mistake and was off by 22 hrs on my patch change was in so much pain it was unreal & it took almost a full 24 hrs to get my pain back under control again.

Advice - opinions - thoughts ?

• A couple times the pharmy(in my town) would not have my full Prescription.(this was awhile ago)They would call another pharmy about 15 miles away and have my full box of scripts sent to the pharmy in my town
    Then someone could just go back in a few hours and get my meds..
    I'm not sure If that works everywhere but that's what I have had done before.

hugs to all....patsy
  • If they have it great, but yeah they can't just hold it for you cuz someone who comes in first comes first. Mine, at times, will be out and will call around to other pharms and I HAVE to go get it. Crap happens, but if they know when you'll need a refill again they can plan to make sure they have it in stock before hand. I have a great relationship with my pharm, since I'm a regular, he always knows when I'm due for refill and keeps it in stock or will give me what he has and gives me an IOU and calls me when the rest is in.
    Yeah she has to cover her butt!
    Good luck and if you have to go the extra mile you just have to do what you have to do, which is better than doing without!