Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I don't know what is worse

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Sleep Problems
I don't know what is worse, sleeping wrong thanks to meds or not sleeping?

On the nights that I actually sleep I usually wake up with aweful head aches and my arms are already hurting. I think I tend to roll on my side (I am a side sleeper), and the position puts pressure on my cervical problems.

The other nights when the medication isn't working well I can't find a comfortable position and I feel exhausted when I let my self get up in the morning.

I am currently taking Norco (doesn't seem to work to well for my pain like it did with my Lumbar) and flexerile (will wire me if I take before bed). I have a call into my NS for pain med refills does any one have any suggestions on different meds?

• Well, it's up to your doctor if he wants to change your Norco to something else. I went through the same thing and the Norco stopped working for me because I've been on it for a long time. From there I went to Percocet, Ms Contin IR, then back to a higher dose of Percocet.
  • He did say at my last appt if this didn't work to let them know and they would change it. I tolerate the Norco really well.

When the nurse calls me tomorrow (if she does). I will talk to her about it.

• I have your issue with the sleeping position but my problem with the meds are that I get hyper off my meds. I take oxy, lortab and zonegran (supposed to knock me on my butt to sleep). These drugs actually do nothing to make me sleepy. I have never taken a pain med that makes me sleepy nor a sleeping aid that does as well. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe a good ole shot of liquor would help. Just kidding I have enough problems.
  • Maybe you should simply change medication. Cause these all symptoms you've described may be the side effects.