Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

vivavegasvvivavegas Posts: 185
Hi guys, i wasnt sure where to post this so i thought here would be best.As most of you know i have a slight scoloisis and had a rare fusion of the transverse processes with bmp, no metalwork used and no discs removed, just bmp around these bones.I knew from that surgery that something wasnt right, i was having extreme leg weakness and muscle spasms, anyway the surgeon that operated on me tried to tell me i didnt have scoloiisis but after me showing him mri of before he operated and after and explaining to him the name of the consultant who told me i had scoloisis he said ok you do have a bit of a twist and i may have stretched a muscle.........anyway i sent my scans off to a neurosurgeon in dublin and he told his secetary to tell me that there is definite stenoisis seen on mri.....i am going tosee this surgeon shortly, as i havent seen him just liased with his secetary......the bmp can be taken out, or bone as it would be now not bmp, thing is they think i may have a slight case of cerbal palsey, where the muscles throughout the body are so tight and i have a slight scoloisis, im thinking of the next step.after i get the bone stuff out, i have been recent ly loking into muscle release surgeries and i came across a study where they the orthapedic team were treating this young man he had slight scoloisis and had been told he suffered from an inflamation of the sacrolliac joints.after iv of antiinflamatories, he was still in pain and so the orthos injected his psoas muscles with botox...............and he was PAINFREE for 15 days, they then decided to do a psoas muscle release surgically at the pelvic brim and when they checked him at 1,3,6 and 12 months later he was still painfree, they said his lumbarsacral change of posture was so changed after the surgery.

I have read loads of things where even physiotherapists, osteopaths have comented that the psoas muscle is involved alot of the time in low back pain. All this is stuff i am intrested in as i know i have to get this bmp(now its bone cause after 24 hours bmp leaves the body).....and its a case of what do i do next........my gp has said to me to see the neurosurgeon in dublin and then he will do a written report back to the gp and my gp said then i will send his letter to the surgeon that operated on you and hopefully he can undo it free..........cause i will have to pay the neurosurgeon in dublin.........and lets face it noone wants to undo another surgeons work. As regards the muscle releases surgeries the hospital that did my operation, there is a orthapedic there that deals with cerbal palsey, its a nightmare.but what i wanted to ask was has anyone ever heard of muscle release surgeries being done for cerbal palsey??? and are they successful??? im thinking if they release the muscle..does it become weaker?? thinking on it it makes sense to release whats holding the spine in locked, hunched over position, but then there are loads more other muscles involved too, as i have alot of tightness in hamstrings,quads and hips.......do you guys think the best thing would be to go ahead and get the bone stuff out( sorry i should have mentiones recent mri said hypertrophy facet joint causing pressure on the thecal sac and left nerve).......one doctor suggested that the bmp had overgrown...........and then go ahead with muscle releases....as i dont see any other way forward.its either stay like this or try and do something.......thanks in advance guys, i know its not easy responding to posts when you have pain and discomfort too!! :X

• boy your case is so very complicated and now the cerebal palsy may be a factor. you seem to be taking thorough steps to obtain opinions from the drs. once you have all their reports in front of you maybe a certain course of action will be visible. in a previous post a suggestion was made that the periformis muscle may be the problem. have you seen an expert in deep muscle massage who might be able to loosen the various muscles that are tight. maybe that would be a more conservative step than injections and surgery.
    once again good luck in your quest for more comfort....pete