Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I want to sleep on my back!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
I would like to sleep on my back, but the facet pain in my legs and buttocks wont allow me to. i have tried wedges, pillows and nothing seems to work. My back is the best way for me to sleep. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• this works for you. i bring one leg up to a bent position. the other leg is straight. you have to experiment with different things. i even put tree 2x3's running lengthwise under the materess and over the box spring so bed is more firm. also try with both legs bent.
  • I have to use about 10 pillows. I can't sleep on my back anymore either. I sleep kind of like pete mentioned. I am mostly on my stomach and partly my side with a pillow under my stomach, one leg straight out with pillow under that ankle, other leg is bent with pillows between my knees. It used to be most comfortable on my sides but it would aggravate my hip pain and I would wake up and rotate sides every 30mins. I can't sleep on my stomach flat cuz of the facet pain so I have to have one bent leg and one straight and 2 pillows under stomach.
  • wrap it around dip in your back, i found it helped me to sleep for a short time on my back, knees bent with pillow under them