Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Topics that do not belong in Chronic Pain Category

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
I announced this about a month ago. The Chronic Pain forum category is to discuss problems relating to chronic pain.
We went through a number of new topics and about 60% have nothing to do with Chronic Pain.
We will start to move them. The categories on Spine-Health was set up specficially to help isolate key topic areas.
This not only makes it easier for people to make posts but for searching previous posts.
Please read our FAQ to understand the setup we use here.
It is not appropriate to place non-chronic items in a chronic pain category, especially when there are many other categories to place posts in.
If you are in doubt, ask one of the moderators , someone from the authority team or myself.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• As of late this forum has really been drifting off topic. Can we all just agree to disagree. If you have a complaint, PM the mods or the site admins. If you want an open discussion not about chronic pain, go to the appropriate topic.

Some of these threads are really starting to become painful.

• I'm new to the group. Could you tell me specifically what doesn't belong or what is inappropriate?

• Hi I'm Roberoo,

New to the forum and would also like to know what is inclusive as far as the chronic pain subject matter goes. I have worked in chronic pain for 11 years and know it to be quite comples physically and psychologically but I don't wish to ruffle any feathers. I have been working on programs to identify and reverse the tendency of people in pain to become isolated. We will be starting one of our programs in Jan. So is isolation a topic that is approachable ?
    Thank you and hello to all, I wish you a good day.
  • The easiest way to figure out if something belongs in the Chronic Pain Forum or not, is to look at the different forum names and descriptions underneath each. http://www.spine-health.com/forum

If what you want to post about fits in Pain Management, then list it there. If it is in regards to pain medications, then of course list it under Pain Medications. If it is something emotional that you wish to discuss even though it is brought on by chronic pain, it will be better served by going under Matters of the Heart or The Water Cooler.

• Member has been banned.
    They were given multiple warnings regarding solicitation.
    Instead of adhering to the forum rules, this member decided to continue to use these forums for drug solicitation

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator 12/14/09
  • To anyone in charge here:

Can you please make a section with all the Mods, Admins, etc names, with their contact info so there is one know spot we can all go to when we have a question?

Right now I have to search posts to get to these people to contact.

Thanks, Beth :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    I list all the members of the Authority , Moderator and Administrator members.

Does that provide you with want you are looking for?

Also, I am always available via email at

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I think it would be great to get the developers to put an Admin, Moderator, and Authority button on the left of the page. That way no matter where a person is in the forum, with just one or two clicks from the left of any page, they can send a message to any or all of the team. Right now a person has to search for your username and then find a post and then click on a link in your signature line.

This discussion has been closed.