Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Owww!!! Oh, Hello!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey everyone, Jason here. I'm a 30 year old male with a labor intensive warehouse job. I am always having back problems because of it, so I registered here. After reading a few posts, I decided there were a bunch of very helpful people here, along with other info pertaining to my situation, so I decided to sign up. See ya in the forums!

• Hi Jason, welcome to Spine Health! You'll find a lot of great information throughout the site and a close-knit "family" on the forums always ready to offer support, encouragement and information. And everyone understands first hand the pain you're dealing with!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by.. make yourself at home and have a good look around! good luck as you look for pain relief! :D Jenny :)
  • hi everyone im 10 weeks post op after l5s1 surgery and i feel worse then i did 2 weeks after surgery..i can't even cough without feeling very bad pain in my lower back.i still cant get out of bed normal. i have to roll over on my stomach and grab a wall and slowly bend myself up. my left thigh has been numb since the surgery but my doctor tells me thats normal.the pain i am feeling at times almost brings a tear to my eye thats how bad it is.can anyone maybe give me a idea if this is normal?im starting to think ive got a pinched nerve im taking loratab 10s and it not enough to help the pain..thks and ooh btw im ronnie :)
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to SH. Hope you like it here. We're here to help you with support, encouragement, and non-medical advice. Please let me know how I can help.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome. I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I haven't had the surgery you've had so I can't tell you for sure if what you're experiencing is normal. No one can tell you that though because everyone heals differently. I've had other surgeries though where after a week or two I thought "gee that wasn't bad" then later on when you think you're already healed it'll hit you and you think " what in the world is wrong with me". I've learned that patience is the key. It takes a long time to heal from any surgery no matter how minor the doctors make it sound. After all it doesn't hurt them at all! I hope you get to feeling better soon and I'm sure others here that have had that surgery will be glad to help you.
    Good luck and take care
  • I also did the warehouse type work when I was much younger. I am certain that it did contribute to my back issues later in life. Please remember to lift with your legs and not your back!