Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WandtmacWWandtmac Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I was so exhausted yesterday and decided I was going to try to sleep in. I had only been sleeping about 3 hours a night since my surgery on 9-3. I fell asleep yesterday morning and didn't awake until my hubby got home yesterday evening. He made me eat something and I went right back to sleep. Got to admit I have one of those sleep headaches this morning but my body sure does feel a lot better. Maybe that new drug Zonegran helped.

I just hope this wasn't a fluke.

Ya'll have a good day!

• Sleep, perchance to dream......
  • for good sleeps! Hope it continues for you!
  • Ahhh......sleep....that most valuable of all "drugs"! Nice, when it happens to you! ...and I hope it continues to!

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • woo hoo for sleep, its the greatest, hope you get to continue on a good schedule. :)
  • Never believe straight off in a man's unhappiness. Ask him if he can still sleep. If the answer's 'yes', all's well. That is enough.”
    Louis Ferdinand Celine

There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your live those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect.”
    Nikki Giovanni quotes
    Have a Blessed day, and I am praying for you continued good health. Have a Blessed day!

• I am sleeping because I have a sinus infection. I fell asleep again this morning and I awoke with my head hurting, ears aching and face on fire. I always sleep when I have sinus issues. JUST GREAT!
    I love it here in SW VA but its hard on someone with allergies when the seasons change.
    All the pain meds I am on I have no idea on what to take.
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Sinus problems are not fun, but make sure you dont let them get out of hand with your recent surgery. Your body is under stress and you dont want to get worse. Sleep and rest and drink fluids....And take care of you! >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Sounds as though your infection has really set in. So, at this point in the game, this might not help but try the Nell Med sinus rinse kit. Available at Wal-Mart and Walgreens. Make sure you get the squeeze bottle, not the Nellipot - more effective. Make water as hot as you can tolerate, though not scalding! Also recommend the wall hanger. Not terribly pleasant to rinse but well worth it. May take several days to really see major improvement. But a week with nsal rinse really clears sinuses. When have cold or infection do 2 or 3 times/day. To maintain, do 1/day in morning. Once the pre-measured packets used up, you can mix your own salt soda mixture if you don't want to over pay for simple salt and baking soda. I typically use 1 TBS baking soda and 1 teaspoon kosher salt -no iodine to irritate nasal lining (can increase soda & salt for extra strength solution to really clean out the sinuses!) Many recipes on web. I promise, it works great if you give it a chance. Once a day, everyday, sick or well, and you won't believe how much better your sinuses will be. This worked for me when strong antibiotics failed and drug free solution to boot!
  • Sinus infections suck. Take you meds, feel better, hopefully you will fell better soon and still are able to enjoy sleep.
  • There is nothing quite as restorative as a good sleep. I hope it continues for you.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Well...my spasms have calmed down a lot since I have slept for two days. I hope my sleeping issues have now been resolved. I have to make sure to turn this phone off when I lay down because no one understands that I need rest. People just don't care about others.
    & Felicia, I love the sinus rinse kits. This issue just popped up on me this time without me watching & I think the lack of sleep didn't help me. I normally rinse 4x a week. I have been rinsing 3x a day since this episode. I have recommended the same rinse kit as you use to many people. I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT IT.
    Thanks everyone.