Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anybody had a PLF and then had to have a Anterior fusion?

phyllis_gapphyllis_ga Posts: 27
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Went to a new orthropedic today and he did not like what he seen on my old CT from 9months ago and my x-ray from last week. Apparently the BMP did not take at least on the right. I have continued to have pain since surgery sometimes worst than before surgery and I'm 18 months out.
So the new plan is to get a new ct and ct myleogram to see where i stand with all this. I may be looking at an anterior fusion and removal of screws.
So just wondering if anyone else has to have a anterior fusion afterward having a posterior fusion?

• But mine was only four days after the PLIF. They couldn't get my damaged discs out because of the scar tissue, so I had to stay in the hospital and have them out through the front four days later. At least they got to place the hardware during the first op!

P.S. Best of luck to you.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I had the antior a little over a year ago. I have not fused (cadaver bone with BMP) even with the bone growth stimulator. My surgeon recommended a PLIF and removing the cadaver bone and replace with my hip bone. This news just came - so I am not to excited. However, I still have pain and tired of it for sure. I have total confidence in my surgeon so that helps a bit. I am sure I will end up in surgery again..