Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hospital appointment on Saturday with the neurosurgeons

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
yes its amazing i have been told that i would have to wait for 12/16 weeks just to be seen let alone scanned or any treatment .but i told my doctor and he has just rang me and said that you are going to be seen in the morning!! {he has been on at them at the hospital to see me as he knows just how much pain i am in } so its taken just 3 weeks from me seeing the doctor to being seen by the neurosurgeon's .not bad going ..now lets just hope that something can be done for me

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Finally you are getting somewhere. I have been following your story and it breaks my heart knowing how much you have been suffering due to the health care situation. Hopefully now that you are seeing a surgeon the waiting game will be over. I will keep my fingers crossed that the surgeon gives you the answers you are wanting and that he can help you. Good luck.
  • Finally an appointment!!! I do hope they can help you in some way.

Best wishes to you,

• =D> =D> <:P <:P
    Woohooooo!!! Doing the dance of joy for you, my friend. Bless your little doc's heart -- obviously, he is a man with a heart and caring soul.

Will keep my fingers crossed and keep the prayers coming for you so that something can be done to help your pain. :D :D

Here's some O:) O:) O:) to watch over you and keep you safe.

Please keep us posted and say hello to your lovely wife from us spineys.

• Everyones prayers for you were heard!
    I'm so glad your wait is over,Straker.
    Goodluck,and to see a Nero is a step up!!!
    Hope he can help you, will pray for that.for you and the Nero to be able to figure our what to do.
    You're a great guy, always here helping,even when you're at the worst.
    Keep us posted, I know you will!
    Again I'm happy your wait is over and I wish you sooo much luck!

• Let us know how you make out with the NS, we are all hoping you get the help you need.
  • and ..although a bit scared about tomorrow i am happy that at long last i am being seen by a new pair of eyes and maybe a swift solution to my problems {i know that i will never be pain free} so i am not deluding myself ..but if i can get back to were i was 5 years ago i will be happy and thank you all once again for your continued support
  • wish i had your doc, we know how slow NHS usually is.
    all the best and i will watch this space to hear good news #:S
  • That is great news Tony!! Keep us updated.
    We have all been worried about you.
    Sending a hug to you two. >:D<
    Patsy W :H
  • Very happy that you are getting some attention. Hope you hear good news.
  • Sweet. I'm so glad that you're going to see someone so soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya and am anxious to hear what the new doc says.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Hi Tony. I'm so glad you get to see the Neuro tomorrow! I know how much pain you've been in lately and also how discouraged you've been thinking you'd have to wait so long. I'm sure Kath is very excited also. I hope and pray this is the answer you've been hoping for. Good luck my friend.
    I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.
  • thats great you got an earlier appointment...i hope those new eyes will see through all the troubles you have.
    now you can sleep tonight with more hope in your mind. hey five years back...i'd take 1 year back pain wise but why not shoot high :-C
  • Best of luck to you today! I hope 'fresh eyes' help.

Bye, Val
  • Hope your appointment goes well today, Tony. Thank goodness you didn't have to wait so long in the end. Hopefully you'll get some concrete results from this.
  • i am nervous but glad to be going to see someone today as i am in a lot of pain .hopefully he will see through the pain killers and understand just how poorly i am
  • Goodluck today!
    Hope you get help, and answers.
    New eyes to figure out your spine, yippeee!
    Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!
    Big hugs buddy!
  • What a good thing to look forward to tomorrow. I hope your appointment goes well with him and he can help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.