Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HollieSterling38HollieSterling38 Posts: 390
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Matters of the Heart
You know when I came to this site I didn't know what to expect.
I came here one day while lying around in pain, playing with my iPhone and
wanting to find answers and suggestions and research.
I never knew of the forums until I came across it searching through SH
Outta the blue one day.
When I found others story,others feeling my pain,others that were down right
Honest,friendly,caring,and all had this bond if chronic pain....

I thought WOW.. I wish I found this place a long time ago.
You know!!! The time that you felt alone,scared,sick if pain,hurting like hell,end of your rope,Useless,like a burden,lost,unsure,not knowledgable,etc,etc....

Then you read. And you find hope,results,advice,friends,laughter,
Help,understanding,Not alone, etc,etc.....

Whats it mean to you?

• is a life line for all of us like any forum it bonds like minded people together {i am a member of a car forum i know that may sound sad but on it i have managed to obtain things a good prices and learned things about my car that i would never have found out } very similar to being on here .and i have found that when you can see and talk to some one ..as i did the other day ..that lives thousands of miles away and talk about your problems and see how some one else lives and find that they are very similar to you ..all of a sudden you don't feel like you are the only one ..so yes spine health and skype would be a good combination
  • Many people arrive here lost and confused having attempted to deal with the pain and situation they have in isolation, trying to adapt to a new situation and carry on as normal.

We feel alone confused and ill equipped to deal with the issues that are imposed on us and we are given limited opportunity to put things in a more favourable manner.

We expect to be able to do more and mistakenly think this transition will be the same as our life skills we have already developed, we have that frustrated and angry stage, it is part of the healing process. Here we are not alone and read stories similar to our own and understand that others are living the same life over the horizon.

Its gives us all hope that we too can progress encouraged by the experience and support form others, world-wide therapy, we search out those who can help us and are offered that outstretched hand of friendship and understanding. Whatever state you arrive we have all had some of that experience and even for a seasoned journeyman those memories of how we survived our turmoil are never far from our minds.

Here is the start of a new beginning to find help and support, ongoing friendships of collective experience.

Take care and welcome all.

• And only popped in, during a flare-up, cause I wanted some answers. Now I post a bit, and know that there are other who share my thirst for knowledge of these conditions.

It is a lifeline as others have said, I don't have to explain my self much, all of us have the background in pain that allows us to have immediate empathy for the other person.

The peace here, gives strength, knowing we are not alone!