Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone ever had this feeling?

JennyfooJJennyfoo Posts: 81
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Lower Back Pain
Ok, my prob is a little higher, at T12-L1, but ever since about 2-3 weeks after the injury, when the lower back spasm let up a little and I could totally tell it was more mid-back, I've felt like I am lying on or leaning against a beanbag or a ball in my back.

After the ESI last Tues, it seemed to let up a little, but then last night(Fri), it was back full force, and then some. Any time my back isn't completely straight, if I hunch over in the least, bend over at all, it seriously feels like something is going to burst through the skin in my back- think "Aliens" movie, but back instead of stomach. That's what my hubby came up with when I described it to him. LOL! The pressure is so bad, it feels like something it pushing through my back, like it's going to burst open.

Has anyone ever had that kind of feeling? It's unbelievably unnerving.

• I get a lump of sorts in my back and it has to be swelling since after rest it goes down. It can be very painful and tender at times as well.

does this sould like what you are talking about?
  • No, this is such extreme pressure and inflammation surrounding my herniated disc, that I'm guessing, it puts added pressure on it to bend forward, since there's no place to go inward. This is a large area, I'd say roughly 6'-9" across
This discussion has been closed.