Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I want my life back:(

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello there i am 41 and in the UK and in desperate need of some support.I have been suffering chronic pain since feb of this year which has been so bad ive had to close my florist shop.Started off as severe pain in my feet which was being treated as tendonitus but just did not respond to any treatment.I have just been feeling so unwell,lacking in energy,had my blood tested to show my thyroid had gone underactive again so my meds were upped but no change to my feet in the last few months the awful pain has gone into my back.15 years ago i had a graf stabilization on my lower back which has been quite successful up to now and gave me my life back and i was able to have 2 children.I am now a single parent and finding things very very tough.Ive had another mri on my back and i get the results on Tuesday and im very frightened,partly incase they cant find anything or if they do find anything i an need another op.I have no supportive friends nearby they are scattered all over the uk mainly through the internet.Most days i am able to walk my dogs but i have to be very careful where i go as i cant actually walk them on the lead but if i didnt get out with my dogs i would go mad i think.Im finding housework a massive challenge and a day out shopping is a thing of the past,ive tried swimming but that caused such a reaction in my back it was unreal.I do go dog training with one of my dogs once a week i just canot give up my whole life even tho it might mean a day in bed the next day.I just feel so damn lonely which i expect alot of people on here will understand.My kids are helpful and understanding but go to their dads every weekend and are out at school during the week.Im also find driving very hard as well but i just will not give in.What is going to happen to me????

• Welcome - know that you are not alone and look around, there is plenty of good info on the front of the "spine-health" site.

There is a great bunch of people here from all walks of life.

Cheers - I do hope you have a better day! David
  • welcome to spine health i am also in the uk in manchester .i am sorry about your health problems and if i can help you in any way please feel free to contact me
  • thanx for the welcome straker nice to see someone from the uk.Sounds like you've been right through the mill urself i feel a bit of pretender with just one op so far but i really am frightened of having anything else done or if they dont find anything and i am left like this :( Ive got two youngish children and its a scary prospect or am i being too negative?
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. I love your name, as I'm a dog lover also. I have a little 8-month=old Corgi named Wally. If he didn't beg me to walk him every morning, I might stay in my recliner all day.

Anyway, it's absolutely not necessary to compare yourself to others here. Your pain is very real and debilitating for you and even though there are others that may have suffered longer, it doesn't take away from what you're feeling.

I understand being negative - just look under Depression and Coping and Matters of the Heart. All spineys have to learn to live with the new normal that comes with spine problems. It's so different with spine problems - if you have a broken arm for instance, they fix it, it heals, and you're back to where you were. Not so with spineys - the majority of us will live with spine issues the rest of our lives and we have to learn to live with that.

We're here to help you and you can count on making friends here. There's a huge amount of support and knowledge in these forums, and in the rest of the Spine-Health site there's a ton of information.

Take care of yourself and please keep us updated. Browse the forums and post anywhere you feel you need help, info or support.

• pain is pain .there are many on here far worse than me .all are welcome here
  • pain is pain .there are many on here far worse than me .all are welcome here
  • Hi Alison :)))

Sorry you're in so much pain, but welcome to our forum. Certainly very tough for you looking after two children on your own. There's always a reason for severe pain, but wait and see what the MRI report is and what the doctor says. The doctor will then recommend the treatment he/she thinks is right for you.

I'm very much a dog lover too and have two Labrador girls. Know what you mean about needing to take them out. I was able to walk my girls up until a year ago, but now can't. I'll be having surgery next month and the thing I want most of all is to be able to take my dogs out again, even though that'll be several months post op once the fusion is strong. My dogs have adjusted to not going out and get lots and lots of love and food !!

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • You have come to a great site for support, sharing and making friends. Last year I met online a lady from England who came to visit me here in Maine for 16 days! How great is that?! And, I have met several others from this site. Come join us sometime in the chat room. Keep us posted as to the results of your MRI.

Best to you,

• I am so sorry that you are all alone there. You have come to a great site for understanding and support. I feel sure that you will make lots of friends here. Good luck and please keep us posted with your results.