Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

creepy squeezing feeling!!!

mamainpainmmamainpain Posts: 127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
ok, I am 5 weeks out of l-5/s1 alif 360. I know I am early in and understand I have a long way to go. I am on norco, valium, and sone hard core time relief thing i cant remember for the life of me the name and am to tired to get up and look. I have great pain control, and an walking well, still unsure how much. I walk on a trail with my walker 1 mile 3 days a week and the rest of the time I am just walking around the house, outside etc. My biggest problem that I am dealing with is this horrible squeezing creepy tight feeling in my back that absolulty nothing helps. I feel it all day and for some reason it really bothers me. I almost with it was pain, because I understand pain, I am familiar with it, but this i just hate, to the point that i get teary about it. Any advice, words of wisdom, please, I really need some kind words.

• I think I know what you are going through.. I had a 360 7 weeks ago. I have been feeling something in my back but to me it feels like extreme gnoring/pressure and it brings me almost to tears. At times it feels like it goes in my legs. I been having swelling in my back have you had any swelling?

spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
    Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
    Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
    Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
    Brain shunt 2000"
    Brain shunt removed 20001"
    ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09
  • Thanks, for replying. No swelling, but i do have some weird topical skin pain on my left buttock and thiegh, almost like a pressure or rub burn. I think it might be from laying or sitting to much, not sure. Just really hate the creepy, squeezy feeling!!! Two nights ago, I had a dream that an alien octopus was wrapping its tenticles around my back and was squeezing my back, it was awfull, I woke up and was spasming. Hate it!!!!
  • My guess is that your hardware is giving you this feeling of squeezing or pressure. I had it along with many others in here. You will get use to it. There should be no pain, only this strange feeling. If there is pain then its something else and you should call you doctor.

Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.