Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ADR Surgery Update at C 6&7

arodigaarodig Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
On 09/02/09 my doctor utilized a Synthes Prodisc: Prodisc C replacement. Since the surgery I take it easy and I am not allowed to drive. My doctor also stated he removed bone fragments that were pushing againest the spinal cord. I go to my Dr. on 10/08/09 for follow up so far there are no complications. I have more energy not to mention that I can go for walks and move around without the pain in my arms especially the left. I am able to turn my head left to right and down but not straight up at the moment (per Drs. Order). The pain and numbness in my left arm appears to be gone or at least very less then what it was.

I have not been on any pain meds even right after surgery. Three hours after surgery I was up walking around the hospital and was sent home the next afternoon. I utilized a soft collar while in the hospital and the drive home. The doctor recommended the soft collar for the ride home and a lot of pillows because I lived four hours away from the location of surgery.

I have numerous friends who have had their necks fused and I am glad to be fortunate and I met the criteria for receiving the Pro Disc C. The x-ray is very impressive mostly because there is no plate or large screws to worry about.

Thank you for your support and inquiries.

• Arodig,

How are you doing after your 3 month checkup? Did you fuse to the ProDisc endplates yet? Has your doctor released you to physical therapy or are there any restrictions on your activity level?

I suspect you're doing very well now and aren't hanging out on the message board very often!