Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical rhizotomy

rosemlanerrosemlane Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm scheduled to have a rhizotomy at (I think) about C5. I'm not afraid of needles and all of the prescribed initial procedures and/or therapy have been completed and all point to this being the solution. AFter reading a lot of posts on this site, I'm really nervous. It makes sense that the nerve would be annoyed afterwards and that there might be risidual pain, but I guess I assumed I would be feeling better and not worse. Has ANYONE had a good experience with this? I would sure like to hear the other side of the story so that I feel properly informed.

In the office, I was told that some complain of a sunburn type of pain for a couple of weeks but that others have no pain afterwards. My procedure is scheduled for first thing on a Wednesday morning and I was told I needed to take the whole day off but should be fine to return the following day. What do you think?

• i too, will be having a rhizotomy soon. keep in mind that those that have had outstanding experiences that have solved all their problems probably no longer post here, but instead are out living their wonderful pain-free lives.
  • I've had several cervical rhizotomies and have had mixed results. Some good and some not so good. I found that the day of the procedure it was most comfortable to have the day off. The following day I generally feel like there's a big knot in the muscle and that I got in a fight and lost, but can manage to work if need be.

I found that an ice pack was great to have initially and then the following day a heat pack or pad.