Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

symptom questions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am new, these are my syptoms and I wanted to see if anyone could give me thier imput...They started 11 years ago when I was pregnant I would get pulling and numbness starting I thought in my left shoulder, then every year after that for the past 11years....i get neck pain that starts at the base of my neck and shoots down my shoulder to my arm, my pain is unberable. But it doesn't start out bad, but gets worse as the day goes on, and is worse when I stand or sit. Anyways going for my first MRI of C spine, which I wrote a separate post about (very Nervous). Not of what they will find, but of claustrophobia. So anyways the symptoms seem to be really bad for a couple months at a time and then it will go away??? Help??
advertisement

Comments

• Make sure that when you are looking at all possible causes that you put tight and knotted muscles somewhere near the top.
    You'd be surprised at how much pain muscles problems can cause.
    Apart from work related overuse etc, there is housework, and of course carrying a child.
    Think of all the stresses that you place on your body and you will understand why muscles get overused and very sore. Boy, do they complain.
  • Definately my muscles are always tight and even on muscle relaxers they seem to tighten right back up each day??
  • I've found the over-the-counter muscle relaxants to be quite minimal in effects. Helpful for sleep, though.
    You can get stronger ones on script.

If you are experiencing muscle problems then you should also consider getting them treated so that they become relaxed and soft again, able to do their work.
    in my case, I have found remedial massage to be very effective. Has taken several months, as the hard muscles resist being worked on, but gradually they give in.
    Don't expect to be cured in just a few treatments. you will probably feel better immediately, but the muscles will relapse quickly.
    They have to be teased out gradually, but IT WORKS!
  • I was told for several years that my neck, shoulder and arm pains were muscle related or shoulder related. The numbness in my hand was thought to be the ulnar nerve or carpal tunnel. Then I started having trouble bending my head forward and had many falls that resulted in 2 broken bones! I did have a history of several neck injuries over the years and arthritis.

A couple of questions for you: Do you have a history of neck injuries or arthritis? Any numbness, decreased use of hand, etc?

A cervical MRI is an important diagnostic step for your symptoms. I had one finally after those several years and in my case it revealed that my neck was the problem. All of my mentioned symptoms disappeared after my surgery. For claustrophobia, I have my eyes covered with a washcloth, I use guided imagery that takes me to my favorite Caribbean island and take Ativan before the test.

Best wishes to you,

Marianne
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.