Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone here tried Prialt for pain????

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Pain Medications
Looking for anyone that has done the pump with Prialt, it seems to be my last avenue for any kind of long term relief, please let me know if anyone knows or has tried PRIALT?

• I would strongly suggest that you do extensive research into using Prialt. I don't want to discourage you, but I have read from other pump users that Prialt has some very nasty and potentially long lasting side effects that may make using Prialt intolerable. I do know that Prialt needs to be extremely slowly titrated, even more slowly than most other pump medications.
    There is a pump group on Yahoo that you may be interested in, that discusses the pros and cons of Prialt, amongst other medications in pumps.
  • From what I have read the last month I am leaning against the change. I am on 4mg 1 cc dilaudid IM and feel so held down but I have gone through all the neds for the last 2 years and nothing has come close to taking my pain levels down, I was on so many orals I was a mess, thanks for the thought and input.
  • It may be that trying some other no opiate medications in combination might very well work better to relieve your pain. If you suffer from any neuropathic pain, there are several medications that they can use in the pump to try to relieve some of the pain associated with that, and also some muscle relaxants work well in the pumps as well. I know that it takes considerable time to get the combinations right. Don't give up, keep researching other ideas and medications .
    Best of luck to you,