Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is really normal after surgery?

hope4leohhope4leo Posts: 200
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a 360 fusion done on Sept 15th. Needless to say I felt like I had been hit by a bus that had then backed up and peeled out on me from both the front and the back. However, this week I feel much much better and truly feel like I am on the road to recovery. I know when I overdo it, I pay for it that night and the entire next day. Its great to feel good- its great to feel like I can do things again! I am goer in every sense of the word- to be laid up in bed makes me nutty but I know that I HAVE to rest and I know my limitations and I follow doctors orders.

Yesterday afternoon my left leg began to swell from the groin to my toes. My foot swelled so bad that it actually cracked and bled. I went to the emergency room after speaking to the afterhours nurse who strongly advised me to seek medical attention ASAP. With fear of a blood clot, off I went to be poke and prodded AGAIN! I was taken in immediately- no 6 hour wait for me- YEAH! They did an ultrasound on my leg, ran blood work and all that jazz- the good news is I didn't have a clot- they were so surprised as I have all the symtoms for that. So of coarse the sent me home- understandably so- but my leg and my foot are STILL so swollen- could this be from the surgery? Could this possibly be from nerve damage? The pain is a dull, heavy nagging pain- not unbearable but noticeable for sure. Any thoughts? the ER dr told me to follow with my PCP- but I don't want to continue to be tossed around in the medical system.

Thank you for you time and any thoughts you can send my way!

• Call your surgeon right away. They should know about anything this serious going on. I think that Er should have given you something to take the swelling down. But there is something causing it that needs to be addressed, and by the one who did surgery of course. Good Luck and let us know. Love, Robin