Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What a relief - The Blitz is so much better

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Matters of the Heart
Man, what a relief, despite the weather and rain I think my pain level actually feels a bit better because of it. I went out to feed this morning and Blitz came out of the barn walking perfectly normal! I pray that I figured out what has been causing his problems. I dug a long thin rock out of his hoof yestarday and the black goo (common with abcesses and hoof problems in horses) followed. I soaked it and packed it and he seems much better. I talked to the hubster and when I have my adopted dad bring in a dumptruck load of sand for the inside of his barn, we're gonna put some in the front by the gate where he hangs out. That is the only place that has any small rocks at all so that must be where he is picking them up. We usually put a ton of sand in the barn and then lay the fresh shavings over that about a foot deep for him every fall.. he gets fresh ones put in every month, but he lays right down and sprawls out in the fresh ones everytime. He's more like a big dog than a horse! He lays down in the barn every night, his goat snuggled up to him and his turkey roosts on his ass. They are very cute together. All the hens hop on the stall door to roost at night and keep watch. Anyway, now I'm off track.. I am hoping and praying that this is what is causing all of his pain and nothing worse like I was thinking..

• You have to post a picture of all those animals sleeping together -- that's too cute for words.

It's so hard for us animal lovers to watch our animals suffer so I'm happy you think you've got Blitz fixed.

He'll have sweet horsie dreams tonight!