Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Work is so frustrating!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Matters of the Heart
Last December I had shoulder surgery and was allowed to work from home for 2 months. It helped me and it helped the service. I was able to do my job in every aspect from home. Now that the bad weather is back and mostly because my pain has increased this past several months, I have been asking to be able to work from home at least a couple days a week. In many areas our here it is standard practice. At first my boss said o.k., but then he decided that all the other girls would want to do it too, and he didn't want to deal with them being mad. I told him I was really struggling to get in here on time and he knows that. I got an FMLA letter from my doctor to protect myself because I don't trust my boss as far as I can throw him anyway. I also told him I'd gladly give my nerve pain to any of them and let them work from home and I'd skip to work happily everday! I recently mailed his boss in Chicago to ask her the same, we have always been able to talk about things. Her response??? She suggested I take a medical. I was so mad, I have checked into that and I would lose half my wages and there is no way I can do that right now. We need my paycheck, all of it. I have been here for 30 years and again asked her, begged her to reconsider, she has read a copy of my FMLA paperwork and it explains everything, every hideous detail. Again, she said no because of my position it isn't possible. Well, then I got kind of mad and told her I feel I have proved I can do the job from home, I have been an excellent employee for 30 years and now I have an issue and I'm not asking for the moon, but it would help me to continue providing quality service and help me so much. I asked her if we could just try it on a trial basis for a little bit and see, I told her I know I can make it work. It does make me mad, nobody in my group even talks to me because they were all annoyed I worked from home back when I had the surgery, and now I'm late about 2 days a week and that annoys them all too. I just don't understand since what I do has no affect on any of them. In fact, if it wasn't for my diligence, they probably wouldn't even get their awards, or paychecks timely because my boss does nothing... It is so frustrating! At least if I was at home working they wouldn't have too look at me. LOL! I'm waiting to see what her response is but I'm sure it will again be no or take a medical. After 30 years of excellent service you would think the government would cut you a little slack especially if it wasn't hurting them. I think it would benefit both sides... Thanks for listening, I just wanted to whine!!!

• =; Been down the road you're on. Unless we form a company where everyone has some sort of spinal issue, employees will NEVER understand the type of pain you're enduring.

I hadn't worked that long for the company I lost my job from in May and they really did hang in there with me because I was out so much but I kept things going my remote computer. The other woman I worked with was so nice to me when I first started and then turned into Medusa once I started having issues.

Some days driving to work, I would pray for God to give me strength to make it -- I was on my last good nerve -- and wham I'd be hit with attitude and I was asking anyone else to do my job or take up some slack.

After 30 years of service, I think it's unbelievable that you can't work from home. Hopefully, your boss will change her mind -- Having the strain of pain and bearing the financial burden for your family is just too much sometimes. I really FEEl for you.

I'll pray for a good outcome for you.

Take care,