Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back from pain doc!

RefugeeRRefugee Posts: 100
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Chronic Pain
Okay here it goes i am so upset. I think i have physically fell apart and emotionally also im sure. I am 37 and cant work so i just dont know why all this keeps happening. How depressing this is everything just keeps coming up. At first i was happy yay he finally found something then the depression hit and i want to cry.

My pain doc is so nice and sweet and i hope our relationship stays like it is cause it just isnt easy to find a doctor with a good personality.

Let me begin by telling everyone what is going on I had my fusion in 2007 and have continued to fall apart since then. First i started with just a little pain with only a few bad days a week that actually involved crying after work. As these two years have gone by my symptoms have got worse. My pain levels are just ridiculous at least 4-5 days a week in my arms, neck, shoulder blades and hands. I get headaches and migraines at least 5 days a week. Now my middle to lower back has severe tingling so much at night when i lay on my side i cant move. when the tingling happens it wakes me it is so strong and all i can do is lay there until it subsides which seems like an eternity. It feels as though the muscles on each side of my middle and lower back are bulging out like im sitting against a big knot or something im always moving around trying to rid myself of this knot like thing it is so uncomfortable and it is there on a daily basis, but by just looking at my back i can see no knot at all so what is this i wonder? the muscles right above the butt area(sorry couldnt think of any other way to describe it) are either burning or aching. My knees and feet hurt i dont even have to be standing. Oh almost forgot my elbows on both sides but mostly the left get stuck and then i can get it to move a loud almost painful pop happens (i actually scared my husband with this today) it popped so loud he jumped back. Anyway after the tingling in my back wakes me and finally goes away i have to get to the bathroom cause i gotta go pee (sorry again)really bad then i walk for a few minutes hoping it doesnt happen again and then back to sleep hopefully for the night. My last flare up lasted about 3 weeks and im still not back to normal from it i couldnt do anything i hurt so bad and inflammed all over. During the flare up with the migraines one of my eyes the white of it turned pink just one eye and only half of it the other half is still white and it has been that way for a month now. I have other problems listed below but just wanted to tell all what is happening to me know and hoping for some answer from a member or maybe even an idea of what i could ask doctor on my next visit maybe im not thinking of the right things to ask.

Well my appt today!!! I had my emg which i had done around a year ago but i really think it has been less than a year since it was done previously maybe 8 months. anyway the one earlier this year was normal okay good. The one today shows carpul tunnel (spelled wrong i think)in the right hand and chronic nerve abnormalities from C-6 area where i had my surgery affecting left side. I also have a herniated disc at c 6-7 which is broad causing mild stenosis and foraminal issues but i listed all this other stuff below so i wont do that now. He is scheduling me with neuro because he cant figure out why this is happening when it was normal before and he doesnt know what is actually going on and i thought okay ill get some answers now he also did blood work which is fine im sure so i head back out and his nurse hands me the script and i ask her about my appt. and she says keep the one with pain doc in less than 2 weeks and im gonna try to get you into neuro before you come back here. Im thinking this is fast and its hard to get into a neuro around here that quick so now i think there may be more than what he said and didnt want to upset me to much but maybe not i dont know. But what i do know is im chronic and i doubt anyone can fix this nerve problem but all i can do is wait and see. I didnt get my appt yet she is gonna call me tomorrow i hope. I asked him about a hand surgeon but he said no not right now i want to take care of getting you into a neuro and worry about that later which is fine with me i can wait, maybe i looked stressed to him i dont know. Any answer or ideas would be appreciated i am just at the end and dont know what to do.

• to hear that you are enduring so much right now. I do know that you should not worry too much about the visit with the neuro until you know that you have something to worry about. Worrying causes us to tense up and can actually make our pain worse. I know that this is easier said than done as I too am a chronic worry wart and always imagine the worst. That stiffening and then popping in your elbows sounds like arthritis. I have this happen in my knees and also get the loud popping noise when the joints start moving again. Maybe the blood work was to see what kind of arthritis you have? I know that it will be very hard not to worry until you see the nuero but try your best because it really can make things worse and you may find out in the end that it is not as bad as you are imagining. You know that we will always be here to support you when you need it. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • Think of it as blessing that you don't have to wait as many do.
    Sorry you're going through so much, but yes we are here for you.
    Keep us updated and calm down. I always have to wait over a month to get in with Nero. Take care!
  • i know how you feel as i feel almost the same pain you do. i hope that neurologist can understand it all. just know that i understand how you feel and it does truely stink. so lets stick together and try to make headway with our problems....pal pete
  • So sorry about the issues you are having.(hugs)
    I did want to mention that some times doctors do keep things from us.If you think he is not letting you know the whole story. Come right out and ask him that you want to know everything that he thinks might be wrong. Then let him know you don't want him to keep nothing from you and ask for all the doctors notes.. you will find out alot by reading his words in your reports..
    Many times if you go for consult with Doc after testing or whatever had been done and you are alone they keep issues on paper(your records) only and tell you very little. If you go with someone they may tell you more.
    Doc's have to be careful that you are stable enough to handle what has been said or told to you.(physically and emotionally)
    I am by no means saying this is happening in your case whats so ever.. just my opinion and my experiences.
    Hugs to all...Patsy
  • This is just my opinion and in no way what may or may not actually be happening...but I think he is trying to get you in ASAP to help figure out what is going on. I think he/she understands the pain you are in and wants to help you and that is why he/she is trying to get you in early. I don't think he/she is keeping anything from you...face it they gave you a lot of information if they were going to keep anything from you don't you think they would of kept some of what they told you to themself. I just think the doctors have a way of calling and getting appointments earlier than you would if you called. More emergent if another doctor calls. Relax and try to take it as it comes...and deal with it the best you can. Find some puzzles or something to occupy your mind while you wait. The more upset you get the worse the pain will be. Hope this helps in some small way.
This discussion has been closed.