Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Banning of Percocet and Vicodin, and limiting Tylenol dosage??!!!!!!!

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Pain Medications
Maybe banning people who don't take these meds as prescribed, instead of banning the meds themselves might be some help. They can maintain "no-fly lists" why can't they maintain "no narcotic lists" at pharmacies instead of making the rest of us suffer? I take Tylenol Arthritis, 2 every 8 hours (which I don't even take that much, normally only twice a day). That would allow for one percocet, to not go over the recommended daily dose of acetaminophen. If it's a day where I do need to take the percocet, I just don't take my second dose of Tylenol Arthritis (which I usually take after work), or lessen the dose. Regardless, on any given day, I still don't reach the 4000 mg recommended max dose of acetaminophen. Common sense isn't so common I guess... Maybe ALL doctors should just administer drug tests, to weed out the abusers. I wouldn't mind. If this goes through, tha abusers and addicts are just going to find something else to replace this, then what?

APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own