Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

think it's time ....

spars12sspars12 Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Spinal Injections
On going pain in my back and now after almost 3 years of constant work to avoid it the wonderful sciatica is now coming bag …. Not fun … I was out of work for 6 months and just back this past month with some auguring with my primary care ….. Going to see him today and I think the selective nerve root injections are worth a try …. Even though I have a huge needle phobia ….

It’s over 5 years of constant pain some not so bad and others that I thought would drive me out of my mide (short trip)…. I have been seeing a chiropractor that has been the reason I am still able to move …. He is not in favor of the never root injections but I feel up agesnt a wall I need to do something ….

Ok so my question is I know bought stopping the meds before the injections that cool a week of a bit more pain no big deal …. But can I get something like valum to calm my nerve (read huge needle phobia)???..... I know it sounds stupid but just blood work stresses me out for days before and I am like traumatized after all day …

Scared as hell but I think I need to try this……. All docks told me they would only make things worse if they did surgery ….. Help…… thanks for input……

please excuse the spelling thanks....

• SP12 - Sciatca is probably the most agrivating pain there is. To me-- it felt like I had a muscle wrapped around my nerve and every movment, would drive my leg to absolute heck.

I had this for many years, like decades. I found relief, after falling down a flight of stairs. On my right cheek [I don't recommend that!]

I found later that the issue was tied to my Dr's insistence at trying to stretch my hamstrings out. My back is not normal, therefore it does not react to things normally, I found that I did have to exercsie and stretch, BUT I had to do it slowly and listen to how my body reacted.

I suggest that you get checked by a Dr, as it sounds like you have more issues going on now, maybe they can figure out what else is going on with you.

Also - pain that has been there for more than 6 months, changes to a condition called chronic pain and this needs attention to deal with it, at it is a separate issue!

Cheers - David
  • i was going to have my selective nerve root injections this past thursday .. streessed out like you don't know ... they called 2hours before we were going to leave and cancled untill 11/04/09 ..

this makes doing the no meds thing from 10/12/09 untill i get my selective nerve root injections .. totaly hurting and now to the point were lets just do this and get it over with... the sciatica is abought to0 drive me out of my mind . the chriopractor is a life saver keeping me just this side of loseing my mind ..

my primary care has started to come around and wants to keep me out of work .. i lasted 1 month this time . scared to death but at the point were this flairs up easyer and more often....

whats the worst case could happen from getting this done???.......