Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI question

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone

I was just re-reading my cervical MRI findings and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Before my car accident in April I never had any neck, arm or shoulder problems.

- c3/4 and c4/5 posterior subligamentous disc bulges
- c5/6 and c6/7 posterior more prominent disc bulge with ventral csf impression
- c7/t1 facet hypertrophic change
- t1/2 right peripheral disc herniation which appears to narrow the right foramina

All of this was reconfirmed with a thoracic MRI concentrating on the bottom of cervical and top of thoracic.

I've tried to look up the terms and my head is spinning. The neurosurgeon I went to said he wasn't impressed by what he read. He said I didn't have the pain that goes with these findings so I didn't have a problem that was coming from my spine. My neurologist is treating me for muscle tightness and nerve tightness. More pain management than finding a cause.

I'm not looking for a diagnosis - more I am wondering if I need to find some new doctors...Is this MRI report serious? Or is it more of a bruising that will go away in time?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    I am sure by now you realize that no one here can do any 'formal' readings of MRI reports. They are very complicated and requires only trained and experienced medical professionals to read them.

Put that aside, my take on MRI reports has always been looking for the buzz words.

Mild Ok you have some problems, more than likely they can worked out via conservative treatments.

Medium There are some problems, you should take care of them soon. You want to do everything that is possible to avoid a potential surgery

Severe Ok, this is never good. That probably means some invasive procedure to correct the situation.

But again, this is my
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com