Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Online Forum Expectations

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
As the Administrator for Spine-Health, I believe based on recent events it is necessary for me to explain a few of the forum expectations.
Please, I do not want to offend anyone, because I truly believe that over 99.5% of the member population understands all the rules, expectations and know how to get along with other members.
The Administrator, Moderators, and Authority team have an obligation to keep this site as safe as possible. We understand all the forum rules and we enforce them. But just like in any other avenue in life, all the rules are impossible to document. Here is where we allow those people who have proven their value read and interpret potential violations.

Two of the most common items I hear as justification for someone's behavior is:
What about Freedom of Speech

Freedom of Speech does notgive people permission to say whatever they want. People are responsible for their words. This is a public forum, just as their are hundreds of other forums online. This forum is provided to the member community at no cost by the private company Spine-Health. Look at any online forum site and you will see that what people say will determine their continued membership.
Forget about online forums, take this example:

A person walks into a US Treasury office and Bank , holds up their hands and says "I am going to rob this place"

Another example:

Board a plane and 10 minutes into takeoff, you jump up and say "I have a bomb"

Ok, per some people's view that is Freedom of Speech.
You tell me, what would happen to the person in either one of those examples?

That is what we try to say. You can say what you feel, but if it violates or attempts to violate a rule or person, you will be held responsible.

I have 20 Private messages saying I am right and that person is wrong

That may be so, but we dont go around counting tallies to see who is perceived as being right or wrong. We look at the action itself. That is how we make the determination.

"The sky is pink, the water is purple" Sounds crazy doesnt it? Well, I am sure I could contact a few friends and have them send me messages saying "He is right"

I know these are extreme type of examples, but I am using them to illustrate a point.

There have only been a few rare times when a person who was identified as causing a problem and we talked to would continue to balk and claim innocence. For the most part, people see where we are coming from, understand the objectives of Spine-Health and are eager to become contributing members.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• See things are still crazy around here. I still pop my head in here occassionaly and read what's going on, not so much comment anymore. How's life? How have you been? Wedding is getting closer, and I am closer to more results with my back. :(
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    That is the way it should be.
    And to take another phrase that has been used over and over, but still remains so true.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

In the business world where I grow up in, when people step out of line, they are dealt with. They could be fired, their pay held up, etc. The purpose was to send a message.
    Its the same idea that I know happened to a local High School football team. Each player was given a set of rules to which they agreed upon. Then for whatever reason, a few players wondered and decided to party, drink etc, while underage.
    The school suspended those players for an entire year, even including their star Senior Quarterback.
    The parents complained, hemmed and whatever, but the school officials refused to waver. The message was sent.. That high school star senior football player just about throw away his chances for a college scholarship. It was his choice and he needs to be held accountable. Too many people today do not know what the word being responsible really means
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • dilauro said:
    Too many people today do not know what the word being responsible really means
    Boy that's certainly the truth!

I know 6 and 7 year olds that behave better and show more of a sense of responsibility then what we've been seeing here lately!

• I find that 99.9% of the time, the people who want to whine about infringement on their right to free speech haven't actually read the first amendment protections that they're using as the basis of their whine.

The first amendment only applies to laws established by congress/government. Private entities (including web-based forums) are free to stomp all over any perceived rights to free speech, if they choose to, just like they're free to deny membership based on race, religious background, sexual orientation, or just because they think you're a knot head...
  • ...run be a few but political power comes from a self-appointed ruler.

It's the internet, it's something, it's nothing, it's everything. Where do you want to go today? he, he...
  • Well I tend to look at it as the structure of any business. The owners of a any business appoints managers or Administrators. Someone had to set up the the initial access, as in the owners. Just as the owners of a business, have to give out the keys. As in any business there is someone at the top and all others follow in the flow of the organization. The manager then gets to select their team, with the approval of the owners. I bet you will find some organizational structure in the company you work for? I am sure your company has a CEO and then some type of management structure and you follow in the line, unless your the owner. If you happen to be the risk taker then you get to set the rules. If not you have to follow the rules of the person taking the risk of the business. No difference here. Actually I haven't found any place in life without rules, and someone had to make them.
  • It is most unfortunate that "Freedom of Speech" has been perverted into something that it is not.

Every day, people quote Freedom, without understanding that there is a great responsibility that also goes with it.

I am here to read and learn and help a new person.

Have a great Day! PEACE - C45