Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Backie, Now Neckie

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everyone.

I had my PLIF done in my lumbar area in May and it is fused completely! Now, a new set of problems. Somewhere in my cervical area there is a kink. The doctor could not see anything on the xray, other than to say I have localized kyphosis b/t C5-C6. He gave me prednisone (which I hate) and some Tylenol 3's and said to see him in two weeks. I am a few days into the treatment and already, it is getting worse. My neck is killing me. If I turn my head suddenly, I get a sharp pain up into my skull and my left arm goes numb. I keep getting headaches and It feels like there is a knot in my neck around c3-c4. I have lumbar stenosis already. Does this sound maybe like a herniated disk? Or maybe Cervical Stenosis? The only thing I can think of is maybe a disk is herniated to the side? Anyways, If anyone else is having symptoms like this, please let me know what treatment you are receiving. Thanks!

• I had those symptoms before my ACDF in June 2009. I had a headache everyday for 2 1/2 years until my surgery. The numbness in the arm and the tightness in the neck area. I had a ruptured disc at C5-C6. They tried conservative measures before finally doing the surgery. Had I not had problems with WC I would have had the surgery sooner because the pain and the headaches were awful. Do what the doctor says and I hope you feel better.
  • I am also both.

I have c5/6/7 issues. My headaches are pretty relentless. Muscle spasms, arm/hand/should pain, tingling and numbness (at times).

My NS said this will be a cake walk compared to the PLIF (I hope he's not filling me with BS).

• Welcome to the "Northern Hemisphere” Kaz. Sounds like an MRI is in your future. Sorry for your pain, but I think you may be right about pressure from one problem or the other on your nerves. No telling without pictures, EMGs and stuff like that.