Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

eyelids twitching anyone else?

truffleloverttrufflelover Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:36 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi I have SEVERE foraminal stenosis from C3 - C7 from bone spurs-no disk involvement. Besides the numbness/tingling, shooting fire pain and constant pain that runs from my neck down to top of Left arm, this is now happening. It started a couple of weeks ago in the right eye. Then it stopped and moved over to the Left eye a couple of days ago. Could this be related to my cervical issues? Also been getting numbness that feels like someone running a feather on bottom of left foot. Seeing a spine surgeon this week, first consult. Any feedback great. Also, has anyone had surgery just for the spurs? No disc removal?

• i had some eye twitches as well as muscle twitches in my arm and shoulders. this got real annoying sometimes. once i had surgery all went away.
  • Hi,

I am about 11 weeks with my cervical bout and yes I had the same twitches in my lower eyelids, back and arms, it is all related to the problems with your nerves. Stress also can bring on these twitches so it could be that also.

I am meeting a neurosurgeon in 4 weeks to discuss surgery for a similar problem to yours so I will let you know the outcome. regarding your foot I had a tingling in my left heal but this has passed as has the twitches. I still am in pain from the root nerve compression and get the tingling in my left arm.

Hope this helps.

MRI results:
    There is movement artifact on several of the sequences. Alignment maintained but there is loss of the cervical lordosis.

There is a partial fusion of the posterior aspect of the bodies of C7 and T1. Degenerative disk disease is seen above this level.

At C5/C6 there is a broad disk osteophyte bar more prominent on the right but with narrowing of both exit formina again more prominent on the right. Canal dimensions are adequate.

At C6/C7 there is again a broad disk osteophyte bar with narrowing of both exit formina but adequate canal dimensions.
  • I had two level cervical fusion two years ago. I experience constant eyelid twitching as well. It can last for weeks at a time. I have gotten no answers from my neurologist or orthopedic surgeon. Just that it's probably due to irritated nerves.

• I forgot about that - lmao

Before surgery I was getting twitching in my right eye. It felt swollen too.

Now 2 1/2 weeks after surgery I have to say it is gone. I will add though that I have cut my Neurontin in half since surgery also so that might be part of it also.

As far as asking the docs - lmao - if I believed them nothing is related.

I did have the herniated portion removed and I believe they left the rest of the disk in place.
This discussion has been closed.