Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Patients own stem cell cure for DDD

• Thanks for posting those links Crystal. Had a look at them and the research being done by Mesoblast is exciting (not that I understood a lot of it). I was impressed to see that research was being done in Australia, and that's where I'm from. Good to see that the research is being done with adult stem cells. Wonder how long it'll be before human research will commence. Notice in the press release that the company said they're going to progress things as quickly as they can.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Crystal33 said:
    A godsend to thousands if this is treatment is for real.
    A miracle cure if it works as well in people as it appears to work in sheep.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    On June 25th I had c5-6 corpectomy with fusion of c4 thru c7. I have had three prior cervical fusions that were failures. I am lucky to of been sent to the top neuro tri-state which is also a research doc. He used stem cells during my surgery. On last visit I am fusing well. I still have a way to go but according to the surgeon he is impressed as to how far along in the fusion process I am. I am not scheduled to see him again until Feb.2 unless (keeping fingers crossed) I develop complications. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.
  • Stem cells are the biggest thing to medicine right now. It is also being used in cancer patients with really great outcomes. My PM doc said it is the wave of the future. Regenexx I think that is how you spell it is doing trials right now on herniated and ddd disc. It is based out of Colorado. I looked into it but still expensive because you have to pay for the equipment used to harvest your cells. But does sound great.
  • The stem cells used by mesoblast are an "off the shelf" medicine. they do not have to come from patient. they will just be kept in stock in hospitals i guess, same as other medicines, and injected into disc of patient.