Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,401
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ive been waking up in the night with limb shaking like a newborn babe, usually goes along with the arm that fell asleep or leg too. Any clues? neck pain and burning preceeded these episodes. My toung feels funny too...go figure? thnx
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I feel like I am trembling inside. I am very unsteady on my feet and can't seem to negotiate corners without hitting them. I brought this up to my doctor and after a Brain MRI and another Cervical MRI, he decided to do another fusion at the C-7 level of my neck. I already have a fusion at Level C4,5 and 6. This was done almost 10 years ago. Do you have problems writing also? That is another problem I am having along with small buttons and overall fumbling alot. I am awaiting an EMG test to be done before I am scheduled for the surgery. Have you told your doctor about your "shaking"? What about any MRI's? Keep talking to your doctor and letting him know ALL your symptoms. Good Luck! I would love to hear how things come out.
  • Hi Ranchhand,

First I take it you have a diagnosed neck condition. For some reason I thought you had lumbar issues? Anyway have you been diagnosed with myelopathy? Clonus could be doing that if so. Clonus is where the foot or hand beats rapidly. Although the symptoms can effect the entire body. Some call it shaking or vibrating. Some nights I will vibrate and it can be felt by others as well, like something is buzzing inside me. If you see a nuerologist something you want to bring to their attention. How long has that been going on for? Typically signs of shakes when your moving are signs of the weakness associated with the disease, or could be signs of weakness overall. But when they happen at rest it was explained to me as a sign of the signal issues. So if the nerves supple the muscles and the nerves are damaged they thereby effect the muscles. I wouldn't definitely contact your doctor.
  • I have shaking or tremors too. I have a lot of muscle and nerve atrophy in my left arm and the NS said that has a lot to do with it. My hand shakes when I am holding the steering wheel when driving.

You are not alone.

Take care,
  • I had two level cervical fusion two years ago. Sometimes I feel as if my whole body is vibrating. Have been to a neurologist. Take Lyrica at times to try to calm the nerves down. Not much seems to help.

If anyone has any answers, would love to hear them!
  • See my sig... I had a lot of twitching of my index and middle fingers - you could see the skin jumping below my index finger. It was pretty creepy. About 6 weeks after my C6/7 surgery (ACDF) the twitching returned, and that skin jumping is also back! I am now getting it in my pinkie (both of these by the way for me - right hand).

I use to be able to print or write virtually equally with both hands, now - especially in the last month or so, my handwriting is awful! I don't know if they are related, but since this last surgery (fusion is still not happening month 6 post op), my C7/T1 is failing. Sigh... I think the issues in my neck are affecting the hand dexterity and thus manifesting in my writing now. :-(

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.